- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The top-10 best-selling cars in India for the month of August 2020 has been released. As seen, Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the Indian car market, occupying seven of the top ten positions, with only Hyundai and Kia managing to occupy the remaining three slots. However, the Maruti Swift has managed to overtake its sibling, the Alto to occupy the top-slot in the table registering the highest sales last month.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has become the country's best-selling car in the month of August 2020. The Swift hatchback registered 14,869 units of sales in the previous month. The Swift is a popular model in the brand's lineup and is currently in its third-generation iteration.
Sales of the Maruti Swift has really improved in terms of monthly sales, with the hatchback having sold a little over 10,000 sales in July 2020 and positioned fifth in overall rankings.
Following the Maruti Swift is the Alto. The entry-level hatchback from Maruti Suzuki lost out to the Swift by just a few hundred units. The Maruti Alto managed to register 14,397 units of sales in the previous months, around 500 units less than the Swift. Similar to the Swift, monthly sales of the Alto has also improved compared to July 2020 when it registered 13,654 units of sales.
Third on the list is the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, registering 13,770 units of sales in August 2020. The Maruti WagonR has managed to drop down by one place from the top-10 list of July 2020. However, it has managed to improve marginally in terms of sales volume. The tall-boy hatchback from Maruti Suzuki had managed to register 13,515 units of sales in July 2020.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is fourth on the list with 13,629 units of sales, just 71 units short of the WagonR hatchback. The Maruti Suzuki Dzire, however, continues to dominate the compact-sedan segment of the Indian market, registering consistent sales figures month-on-month.
Completing the top-five is the best-selling SUV currently in the Indian market, the Hyundai Creta. The South Korean carmaker introduced the latest iteration of the Creta SUV earlier this year and since then, it has received an overwhelming response. The Hyundai Creta has managed to register 11,758 units of sales in the month of August 2020.
|8||Hyundai Grand i10||10,190|
Just outside the top-five is the Maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback. The Baleno is the best-selling premium hatchback offering in the Indian market. The Baleno managed to register 10,742 units of sales in August 2020; a slight decline compared to its sales in July 2020 when it sold 11,575 units.
The Kia Seltos which completes a year of sales in the Indian market occupies the seventh position on the list. The Kia Seltos registered 10,665 units of sales in the previous month of August 2020, which is an improvement from July when it didn't even manage to enter the top-10 list.
The Kia Seltos was the first product from the brand in the Indian market, with the company ready to introduce its smaller sibling, the Sonet in the coming weeks.
Eighth on the list is yet another non-Maruti Suzuki offering, in the form of the Hyundai Grand i10. The hatchback sales have really taken off in the Indian market, especially since the introduction of the latest ‘NIOS' iteration. The Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback registered 10,190 units of sales in the previous month; an improvement from 8,368 units of sales in July 2020.
Finally coming to the bottom two on the list, which again consists of two Maruti Suzuki models: the Ertiga MPV and the Eeco van. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Eeco managed to register 9,302 units and 9,115 units of sales in August 2020, respectively. This is a slight improvement for both products compared to their sales in July 2020.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Cars In India For August 2020
Maruti Suzuki continues its domination in the Indian car market, even post lockdown. The company has managed to recover extremely well from the ‘difficult' period, during the mid-part of 2020. The company will be hoping to further increase its lead in the coming months, with the arrival of the festive season.