- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Financial year 2019-20 came to a close recently. The year has been a tough period for many vehicle manufacturers, who have faced declining sales consistently throughout the year. However, the last month of March 2020 has definitely been the worst so far. This is mainly due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has put the entire country under lockdown.
Looking back at the previous financial year between April 2019 to March 2020, here are the top-25 cars which registered the highest sales. According to Autopunditz.com, these 25 cars accounted for over 82% of the total car sales in the year. Here is the entire top-25 list of best-selling cars in the Financial Year 2019 - 20.
Starting off at the top of the list is the Maruti Suzuki Alto, the entry-level hatchback from India's largest four-wheeler manufacturer. The company registered 1,90,814 units of sales from the Alto hatchback in India. This, however, is a decline of 26% compared to the FY 2018-19 when the hatchback recorded almost 2.60 lakh units of sales.
Following the Alto is the Swift and the Baleno in second and third position, respectively. The Maruti Swift is one of the popular hatchback offerings in the country, registering 1,87,916 units of sales. The Maruti Baleno registered close 1,80,413 units of sales. Both of them also faced a similar decline of around 15% in sales compared to FY 2018-19.
Following the Baleno were the Dzire, WagonR, Eeco and the Vitara Brezza, occupying most of the top-10 slots. The Maruti Dzire and the Vitara Brezza both registered a decline of around 30% in sales, while the WagonR and Eeco managed to record positive growths.
25 Top-Selling Cars In India For The Financial Year 2019-20
|Rank||Model||FY 2019 - 20||FY 2018-19|
|7||Maruti Vitara Brezza||1,10,641||1,57,880|
|8||Hyundai Elite i20||1,08,091||1,40,225|
|9||Hyundai Grand i10||99,592||1,26,041|
|18||Toyota Innova Crysta||53,686||77,924|
The only non-Maruti Suzuki models in the top-10 came in the form of the Hyundai Elite i20, i20 Grand and Venue. They occupied the eighth, ninth and tenth spot on the list, respectively.
The Kia Seltos and the Mahindra Bolero registered as the only two non-Maruti and non-Hyundai models in the top-15. The Seltos registered close to 82,000 units since its launch in August 2019 while the Bolero came in at fifteenth position with 59,045 units of sales.
Thoughts On The 25 Top-Selling Cars In India For The Financial Year 2019 -20
It is no surprise to see the Maruti Alto as the best-selling car from the previous financial year. The entry-level hatchback has been one of the most popular offerings in India for years now. What is interesting to see is the entry of Kia Seltos among the top-15, considering its launch in India took place in August 2019.