- 48 min ago Okinawa Partners With Welectric To Supply Electric Two-Wheelers For Last-Mile Delivery: Read More!
- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- Technology Airtel Plans To Upgrade 4G Network To Offer 5G Services In India
- Sports IPL 2021: Jaydev Unadkat reveals how did he tame Delhi Capitals top order at Wankhede Stadium
- Movies Anupamaa Spoiler Alert! Vanraj Lashes Out At Kavya For Revealing His Divorce Date To Shah Family
- News Did Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa test Corona positive after vaccination?
- Lifestyle Ajeeb Daastaans Promotions: Konkona Sensharma Beckons Us To Drape An Earthy Tone Saree And Stay At Home
- Finance Ashoka Buildcon Surges On Winning Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Project
- Education Bihar Police Result 2021: CSBC Releases Home Guards And Driver Constable Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
Bentley Motors has suspended production from its manufacturing plant at Crewe, UK. The production will be suspended until April 20 due to the Coronavirus crisis.
Bentley has taken this decision amidst the accelerated rate of infection by Coronavirus and the restrictions applied to follow social distancing. The decision will result in the interruptions of the supply chain, and a significant decline in demand on some automotive markets. However, the decision also ensures the safekeeping of the company's employees, their families and communities.
The core business functions of the company will continue throughout the shutdown with employees working remotely across the globe. The top-management have reviewed the possibilities of working from home, with the company launching its largest-ever program of remote working.
Adrian Hallmark, Chairman and CEO of Bentley Motors, said,
"The well-being of our colleagues is our number one priority and although this was a difficult decision to take, and doesn't change our strategic direction, it was necessary to protect them as best we can during these unprecedented times. This will inevitably have an impact on our deliveries to customers, and we apologise for the inconvenience this causes, however, we are working hard to minimize this disruption. Our thoughts continue to go out to all those affected around the world throughout this very sad and difficult time for so many people."
Bentley has also taken other safety measures to avoid spreading of the virus. These include a change in the operations at the company canteen, and shops, introducing safe behaviours without any contact, and closing the company gym facilities as well. Also, all meetings will be held online, and all major events have been postponed or cancelled. The company has also instructed to halt all business trips including other countries and trips between locations.
In other news, Volkswagen has also halted their European operations across various countries in the continent. There are many jobs at stake in the Auto Sector due to the current crisis — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Bentley Motors Halts Production Until April 20 Due To Coronavirus Crisis
Auto manufactures across the globe are taking serious measures ensuring the safety and wellbeing of their employees. Bentley Motors is one of the oldest automakers in the industry and it has taken this bold step and to help stop the current virus crisis. There would be a significant slowdown in operation and sales of vehicles across the globe due to the pandemic. However, these measures are necessary measures taken by manufacturers to prevent further spreading of the virus.