- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Deliver 100 Safari SUVs On A Single Day In Delhi-NCR: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Review: Do The Changes Justify The Price Upgrade?
- 13 hrs ago New Bajaj Platina 100 ES (Electric Start) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 53,920
- 16 hrs ago 2021 TVS Star City+ Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 68,465
- Movies Jagame Thandhiram: The Dhanush Project Is Not Getting A Netflix Release On March 26
- Technology Reliance Digital March Sale: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- News Manipur’s news website becomes first target of new rules on digital media, later withdrawn
- Sports Olympic Council of Asia and AESF introduces the ‘Road to Asian Games’ Campaign for 2022 Asian Games
- Lifestyle Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India
- Education MPSC State Service Admit Card 2021 For Prelims Released
- Finance Spectrum Auction: Airtel To Deliver 5G Services In Future
- Travel 10 Best Family-Friendly Destinations To Visit In India In March
Volkswagen owned & England based auto manufacturer, Bentley Motors, has announced a resumption of operations at its headquarters in Crewe, Cheshire. The company announced that they were restarting operations with 1,700 employees.
Bentley Motors also stated that its workforce was following a set of comprehensive and wide-ranging hygiene and social distancing guidelines to ensure their own and others' safety. The guidelines have been implemented to enable a safe return to a post Covid-19 world.
As a part of the brand's 'Come Back Stronger' program, the company will focus on a ‘phased production scale-up' following the biggest changes to daily working life. The company also announced a detailed insight into the new working patterns, operations, and environments during briefing and training sessions that promoted social distancing.
Bentley's employees returned to a redesigned manufacturing facility which incorporates a two-meter distance between workers, and supports one-way movement paths and traffic flows. The company has also reconfigured washrooms across the facility to reduce the number of people being able to use them.
Mr Adrian Hallmark, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Bentley Motors, said "Now is the right time for the business to come back stronger. We have introduced extensive new working measures to protect our colleagues, our families and our customers and we are confident, following the work of so many people, that being at Bentley will be as safe for our colleagues as being anywhere else."
The company has installed plastic partitions that have been designed and manufactured in-house, within the office areas and inside catering facilities. These partitions offer segregation between employees while also controlling measures limiting capacity, staggered times and distanced seating.
The manufacturer has introduced strict measures in order to control the population density at the facility at any given time with all entry and exit points reviewed and reconfigured to disperse the volume of people.
The brand's Bentayga and Mulsanne production lines will be joined by the company's Continental GT and Flying Spur lines, production of which is scheduled to commence on 16 May.
The production runs on each line are limited to only 50 per cent for the next few weeks. Bentley Motors has also ensured that each product cell now spreads over two stages ensuring sufficient distance between workers. The remaining manufacturing workers are expected to return to work closer to the middle of June based on present assumptions and government supervision.
Thoughts About Bentley Motors Resuming Operations At Their Crewe Facility
Like we've said earlier, manufacturers resuming operations is a fantastic thing, however, it is only one side of the game. Customers have to start purchasing vehicles to help the economy. Of course, that really doesn't matter when you're buying a Bentley, does it?