- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 15 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance SBI Notifies Extension In Loan Moratorium; Eases Process To Avail It
- Technology Premium Gaming Laptops To Buy In India
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Audi India recently launched its flagship SUV, the Q8 in the market. The Audi Q8 rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLS and the BMW X7 in the country and has received an excellent response in the segment as well.
The Audi Q8 is imported into the country via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, with the first consignment of cars for the Indian market already having been sold out. Looking at the overwhelming response for the Q8 in India, Audi is now said to be considering bringing the RS Q8 version to the Indian market as well.
In an interview with carandbike, the Head of Audi India, Balbir Singh Dillon confirmed that the German carmaker is ‘seriously considering' the introduction of the RS Q8 in India. The Audi RS Q8 is a more performance-oriented version of the standard Q8 SUV.
The Audi RS Q8 comes powered by a 4.0-litre turbocharged V8 petrol engine. It produces 600bhp and 800Nm of peak torque, paired with an automatic transmission.
In terms of performance, the Audi RS Q8 claims to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in 3.8 seconds, while a 0 - 200km/h run is completed in 13.7 seconds. The Audi RS Q8 also comes with an electronically-limited top speed of 250km/h. However, with the optional dynamic package, this can be increased to 305km/h.
The Audi RS Q8, similar to the standard SUV will be imported into India via the CBU route. The new performance-oriented SUV will be positioned above the standard Q8 while also being priced higher as well. However, the higher pricing is justified by its performance and additional features and equipment on offer.
Currently, the Audi Q8 is priced at Rs 1.33 crore. Hence, we can expect the RS Q8 version to be priced in the range of around Rs 1.75 crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India). Considering the price, there is also a good chance, Audi might import the SUV based on the booking received.
Thoughts On The Audi RS Q8 Under Consideration For India
The Audi RS Q8 is the most powerful iteration of the Q8 SUV from the German brand. If brought to the Indian market, the SUV will rival the likes of the Bentley Bentayga, Rolls Royce Cullinan and the Lamborghini Urus.