- 45 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 18 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Netizens Shame Media For Creating Chaos Around Sara Ali Khan & Amrita Singh At The Mumbai Airport
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away at 74
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
The German auto manufacturer, Audi will be launching the RS Q8 performance SUV on August 27, 2020, in the Indian market. The company is accepting pre-launching bookings for a token amount of Rs 15 lakh.
The auto manufacturer announced earlier that it will bring more RS models to the market in future. The RS Q8 shares similar mechanicals as the Lamborghini Urus, which is part of the Audi Group.
The RS Q8 is claimed to be the fastest series-production SUV on the Nürburgring race track by the company. The SUV has registered a lap time of 7 minutes and 42.2 seconds. While most of it is down to the engine under the bonnet, it also features the brand's Quattro four-wheel-drive system.
Speaking about the engine, the RS Q8 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8. It produces a maximum of 600bhp and a peak torque of 800Nm. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that sends power to all wheels.
The SUV accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 3.8s and continues to reach 200kmph in just 13.7s. The top speed is electronically limited to 305kmph. The SUV also features a 48V mild-hybrid system can store up to 15bhp of power with the help of an onboard lithium-ion battery pack.
The energy is harvested to charge the battery by using regenerative braking. According to the company, it will allow the RS Q8 to run for up to 40 seconds in pure electric mode. As a result, the hybrid system offers fuel savings of up to 2.8 litres for every 100kilometers.
The RS Q8 will feature a couple of cosmetic changes over the standard model. These include a new single-frame grille, redesigned front and rear bumpers, an integrated diffuser, and an RS-spec spoiler.
Additionally, the upcoming RS Q8 will also feature 22-inch alloy wheels as standard, with 23-inch wheels available as an option. All the new changes make the RS Q8 bold and aggressive adding to the sports characteristics of the SUV.
On the inside, it continues to feature a sporty theme with the help of bucket-like seats, leather and Alcantara elements, an RS-specific flat-bottom steering wheel, and a virtual cockpit; among others. Other features such as touchscreen infotainment system, connected technology and more will be borrowed from the standard model.
Audi is offering customization and personalization that are exclusive to the RS Q8 SUV. Potential customers can book their Audi RS Q8 online from the comfort of their home and personalize it according to their preference. Alternatively, they can register their interest at the nearest Audi India dealership, who will also help with all customization and personalization requests.
Thoughts About The Audi RS Q8 To Be Launched In India On August 27
The Audi RS Q8 is a powerful variant of the standard model with exceptional performance figures. Despite being labelled as a performance SUV, it still offers decent practicality with a comfortable and luxurious cabin with a host of convenient features as well.