- 13 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 18 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 20 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Finance SBI Again Warns On Cybercrime: 6 Steps Bank Suggests To Avoid Cybercrime
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
Audi e-Tron India launch has been delayed due to the on-going Coronavirus pandemic. The company is now reconsidering the plans to launch the electric-SUV in the country.
According to NDTV Auto, the company is now re-evaluating its plans to launch the e-Tron electric SUV in India. Audi has already showcased the e-Tron SUV ahead of its launch in India and would have been the first luxury carmaker in the country to launch an all-electric SUV.
However, the on-going Coronavirus pandemic has disrupted many plans in the country. As a result, automakers have no option left but to review their plans for the year. The company officials have confirmed that the Audi e-Tron will be launched in the country at some point in the future.
The Audi e-Tron is powered by two electric motors: a 125kW motor at the front, and a 140kW motor at the rear. Both motors produce a combined output of 408bhp of power and 664Nm of torque with all four wheels being driven.
The electric motors are coupled to a 95kWh Lithium-ion battery that can be charged to 80 per cent in 30 minutes via a DC fast charger. A regular home charger takes roughly 10 hours to completely charge the battery (100%). The electric-SUV can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 5.7seconds, and continue to reach a top speed of 200kmph.
The upcoming Audi e-Tron SUV features a sharp octagon-shaped front grille with flaps for air cooling. The electric-SUV also features a sloping roof-line, an LED bar across the boot, blind-spot monitoring, LED headlamps with Audi's Matrix technology, and 20.5-inch spoke alloy wheels.
On the inside, the interiors of the Audi e-Tron feature multiple touchscreens, premium Bang & Olufsen sound system, and more. It also features different power modes and regenerative braking as well.
The Audi e-Tron measures 4.9-meters in length and can seat five occupants. The electric-SUV is longer than the Q5 SUV in the brand's line-up. The SUV is also practical by offering boot space of 660-litres, which can be increased to 1,725-litres by folding the second-row seats.
Once launched, the e-Tron is expected to rival the upcoming Jaguar iPace, and the Mercedes Benz EQC in India. The all-electric vehicle will be imported to India via the CBU route. The new import rules in effect are expected to help the company in pricing the e-Tron aggressively.
In related news, The company have unlisted the A3 and the Q3 from its official website. Both the models were not updated to meet BS6 emission standards by the company — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Audi e-Tron India Launch Delayed Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
We notice most auto manufacturers launching an electric variant of existing gasoline-powered vehicles in the Indian market. However, there are not many models in the luxury segment in India.
With the increasing presence of EVs, the major hurdle for EV buyers and manufacturers is the lack of charging infrastructure in India. We expect the Indian Government to build more charging infrastructures across the country. For now, the e-Tron's launch timeline is uncertain in the country.