- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 10 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Audi has announced the start of bookings for three of its models in the Indian lineup: A6 sedan, A8 L sedan and the Q8 SUV. All three models can be booked through the brand's online retail platform for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
All three models have already been introduced in the Indian market, with sales and bookings having been temporarily stopped due to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown in the Indian market. Now, with the relaxation in the lockdown norms by the Indian government, Audi has restarted the online bookings of its premium models in the country. Deliveries of the three models will begin once the market reopens post the current lockdown.
Coming to the three models in question, let's start off with the Audi A6. This sedan was launched in India back in October 2019. The new Audi A6 sedan is offered with a starting price of Rs 54.20 lakh and is available in two variants, both of which are powered by the same 45TFSI powertrain.
This comes in the form of 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol unit, producing 245bhp. The Audi A6 sedan rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the BMW 5 Series in the segment.
The next model is the brand's flagship sedan, the A8 L. Audi offers the A8 sedan in its range-topping long-wheelbase version in the Indian market. The flagship Audi A8 L sedan comes powered by a 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 petrol engine paired with a 48V mild-hybrid technology.
The engine produces 340bhp, delivered to all four wheels, via Audi's Quattro system, which is standard on the A8 L. The flagship sedan from Audi, rivals other Germans such as the BMW 7 Series and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class in the Indian market.
The third model is the flagship SUV, the Q8. Rivalling the likes of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and the BMW X7, the Audi Q8 comes packed with a host of features, sharp aggressive design and strong performing powertrain. The powertrain on the Audi Q8 is the same 3.0-litre turbo V6 petrol engine as that on the A8 L.
Thoughts About Audi Restarting Bookings For The A6, A8 L & Q8
The Audi A6, A8 L and the Q8 are among the most premium offerings from the German brand in the Indian market. All three models are available to purchase on the brand's recently introduced online retail platform, promoting a virtual buying experience in a post COVID-19 normalcy.