- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 6 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- News Controversy over birthplace of Saibaba resolved after Uddhav Thackeray hold meeting
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam To Sing A Special Track For Puneeth Rajkumar’s Maya Bazaar
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Barty survives Tsurenko scare, Venus marvels at Coco
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The Audi A8 L is the flagship luxury sedan from the company's portfolio and has been around in the international market for quite some time. However, Audi is all geared up to launch the fourth-generation A8 L in our country on February 3, 2020.
The fourth-generation A8 L will be based on the VW Group's MLB Evo platform, which means that the car will be lighter than the previous generation one. Also, the new A8 L will be longer and slightly broader than the old one, 5,302mm in length, 1,945mm in width, 1,488mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 3,128mm, to be precise.
As far as the design is concerned, the company will retain the aggressive styling, especially the front end, as it has done in all its previous models. The previous A8's had small headlamps and grille, which will now be upgraded to LED matrix headlamps and a large grille. The new A8 L will receive freshly designed bumpers at the front and rear along with a new set of tail light clusters.
The car is also expected to get a new interior which will include features such as Audi's Virtual Cockpit system, heated seats, massaging seats, twin touchscreen display, Bang & Olufsen surround sound music system, a panoramic sunroof, four-zone climate control, soft-touch materials wherever possible, leather-wrapped seats and steering wheel, etc.
Globally, the A8 L is available with several engine options. However, India bound new A8 L is expected to be available in the petrol avatar only. A 3.0-litre, V6 turbo-petrol engine pumping out close to 336bhp of power and 500Nm of torque is expected to be found under the hood. The engine will be coupled with the brand's mild-hybrid technology with a 48-volt electrical system and will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
As far as safety is concerned, the A8 L will get multiple airbags, drives modes, auto park assist, ABS with EBD, ESC, etc.
Hopefully, Audi will offer Traffic Jam Assist as part of the Driver Assistance package which is seen on the international models. This is the only Level 3 autonomous system available on a production car and can drive the car independently up to 60km/h.
Once launched, the new A8 L will go up against the likes of the Jaguar XJ L, Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the new BMW 7 Series.
Thoughts On The New Audi A8 L
The fourth-gen A8 L is the flagship sedan from the German automaker and comes with a host of improvements from the design to the latest tech and features. Watch the space for more information on the A8 L.