- 7 hrs ago Renault Kiger Launch India Launch Delayed To Next Year: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo Review (First Drive): The Best Handling Mid-Size SUV?
- 11 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Suhana Khan Stands Up Against Colourism: Hits Back At Trolls That Target Her Skin Tone
- Sports IPL 2020: David Warner happy with Sunrisers' death bowling against Delhi Capitals
- News US Presidential Debate 2020: Donald Trump in debate prep before faceoff with Joe Biden
- Finance Equity Mutual Funds Giving Out Dividends On Sharp Market Rally
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
- Technology Mi Band 5 First Impressions: Better Display, New Health Features & More Functional Design
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari’s Latest Suit Look Is A Lesson In Traditional-perfection
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In October 2020
Apple's operating system will be getting an update sometime later this year and will bring in new features and to various official applications that also include Apple Maps. One of the main features is that Apple Maps will be updated with the cycling and EV routes.
However, in the beginning, the company will be introducing the cycling feature in cities like New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Shanghai and Beijing. This new cycling feature will help users ride their bikes along bike lanes, paths, and bike-friendly roads. Moreover, the cyclists will be able to check traffic and set routes to avoid steep inclines or stairs on a particular street if it's too crowded.
Moving on to the EV routing, Apple Maps will automatically add charging stops along the route and it will also include the charging time when calculating the ETA. Once the status of the EV is entered on the iPhone, the Maps will continuously track its current charge and the type of charger. Apple has also tied up with BMW and Ford to support the EV routing feature and will add more brands in the near future.
After the update comes on the market, Apple Maps will be able to tell the driver what areas are heavily congested. Moreover, iPhone users in China can enter their vehicle's registration number in their Apple device to know which days they can enter the dense areas as per this number.
In other recent Apple news, BMW will become the first carmaker to enable its customers to use the iPhone as a fully digital car key. This was announced at the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference. BMW was the first to integrate an iPod in their vehicles, then the first to offer wireless CarPlay and now it is the first brand to introduce the fully digital car key system.
The Apple car key will be introduced as a new feature on iOS 14 and the first vehicle to support this feature will be the 2021 BMW 5 series. This new feature will enable customers to unlock the vehicle and easily by just a tap. After entering the car, the iPhone should be placed in the smartphone tray and then the vehicle can be switched on by pressing the start button.
Thoughts About Apple Maps Getting The Route Update Feature
It is a very nice thing that Apple is introducing this feature in the coming times as it will help the cyclist and the EV drivers to choose a safe and less crowded path to commute.