- 37 min ago Mahindra Marazzo Automatic To Launch Soon & KUV100 To Live On: Not Discontinued?
- 1 hr ago Honda Bikes & Scooters Offers: Discount Benefits On Shine & Grazia Models
- 15 hrs ago Pristine 1979 Mercedes-Benz W123 Clocks More Than 12.6 Lakh Kilometres; Put Up For Auction
- 17 hrs ago Renault Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- News Light rain, thunderstorms likely in Delhi
- Finance What is the Difference Between Custodian and Depository?
- Technology Airtel Beats Reliance Jio Adds More User Active Base In February
- Sports England's IPL players unlikely to find place in Test squad against New Zealand: Reports
- Movies Robert De Niro Injures Leg While On Location For Killers of the Flower Moon, Shooting To Continue
- Education CBSE Board Exam 2021: Decision On Class 12 Board Exam Pending, Students Seek Cancellation
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 5 Beautiful Ensembles Of The Diva To Keep You Ethnically-Inspired For Weddings
Apple's operating system will be getting an update sometime later this year and will bring in new features and to various official applications that also include Apple Maps. One of the main features is that Apple Maps will be updated with the cycling and EV routes.
However, in the beginning, the company will be introducing the cycling feature in cities like New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Shanghai and Beijing. This new cycling feature will help users ride their bikes along bike lanes, paths, and bike-friendly roads. Moreover, the cyclists will be able to check traffic and set routes to avoid steep inclines or stairs on a particular street if it's too crowded.
Moving on to the EV routing, Apple Maps will automatically add charging stops along the route and it will also include the charging time when calculating the ETA. Once the status of the EV is entered on the iPhone, the Maps will continuously track its current charge and the type of charger. Apple has also tied up with BMW and Ford to support the EV routing feature and will add more brands in the near future.
After the update comes on the market, Apple Maps will be able to tell the driver what areas are heavily congested. Moreover, iPhone users in China can enter their vehicle's registration number in their Apple device to know which days they can enter the dense areas as per this number.
In other recent Apple news, BMW will become the first carmaker to enable its customers to use the iPhone as a fully digital car key. This was announced at the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference. BMW was the first to integrate an iPod in their vehicles, then the first to offer wireless CarPlay and now it is the first brand to introduce the fully digital car key system.
The Apple car key will be introduced as a new feature on iOS 14 and the first vehicle to support this feature will be the 2021 BMW 5 series. This new feature will enable customers to unlock the vehicle and easily by just a tap. After entering the car, the iPhone should be placed in the smartphone tray and then the vehicle can be switched on by pressing the start button.
Thoughts About Apple Maps Getting The Route Update Feature
It is a very nice thing that Apple is introducing this feature in the coming times as it will help the cyclist and the EV drivers to choose a safe and less crowded path to commute.