- 8 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 13 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Sports Tokyo 2020: After Rio debacle, Mirabai Chanu redeems herself at Tokyo
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
Apple is said to be going forward with its plans for producing passenger vehicles in the coming year. According to Reuters, the company is said to be aiming at producing electric cars by 2024 using 'breakthrough' battery technology.
The iPhone maker previously had started ' Project Titan' back in 2014, focussed on expanding Apple into the automotive industry. The project even went on to design vehicles from scratch, however, the company re-assessed its goals and shifted its efforts towards software.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
Now, six years down the line the company, the company is once again looking into the project. Apple is said to be aiming at producing a personal vehicle for the mass markets.
With this goal in mind, the company is concentrating on the vehicle's battery design and technology. The company is said to be working on a new battery design, which according to reports could 'radically' reduce costs, while also increasing the vehicle's range.
However, building a mass-market electric vehicle requires a complete supply chain setup. Hence, reports suggest that Apple could be looking at partnering up with other brands to build the electric car for them.
Having said that, reports also suggest that Apple could even end up limiting itself to developing autonomous driving technology and incorporating that into conventional car manufacturers. This is the other option being considered apart from selling a full-fledged Apple-branded car.
Since the company is working on autonomous driving tech, Apple is also said to be looking at external partners for elements such as the 'Lidar' sensors. Lidar offers cars a three-dimensional view of the surroundings, which aids its autonomous driving tech.
The Apple car is said to feature multiple lidar sensors, many of which could be sourced in-house as well. Apple's latest products, the iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro, both already come with lidar sensors.
Apart from this, the company is also said to be working on a 'monocell' design for its batteries. This design bulks up the individual cells and frees up space inside the battery pack by eliminating the modules holding the cells in place. The batteries themselves could be made using LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate), which doesn't overheat as much as standard packs, making it a safer option.
Thoughts On The Apple Electric Self-Driving Car Expected In 2024
Apple has been dabbling at the thought of introducing a passenger vehicle since 2014. The company now seems to be in a better place to make this finally happen and an Apple-branded car could soon be a reality, come 2024.