- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- News Indian-American who lived in airport for 3 months over virus fear arrested
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Movies Khushi Kapoor's Bollywood Debut: Boney Kapoor Says 'You Will Hear An Announcement Soon'
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The all-new Mahindra Thar was unveiled on the 74th Indian Independence Day this year. The off-road SUV has been well received because of its new design, features, powertrain options. However, the new SUV retains its rugged silhouette and off-road capabilities.
With all the improvements, it has gained a lot of attention from people across the globe. This includes Mr Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra Group, who has tweeted stating he wants to add the new Thar to his garage.
In another tweet, he addressed Veejay Nakra, CEO, Mahindra & Mahindra Automotive, and said, "I want this now. It's hard enough to wait till October. I will have a serious battle with our team if they put me at the bottom of the waiting list for this beast."
He mentioned that he has to wait until October, because Mahindra announced that the prices of for the updated SUV will be announced on October 2, 2020. The brand has chosen that specifically because it is Mahindra's 75th anniversary. The official bookings will also commence on the same date.
Mr Mahindra has admired and bought other models from the brand's line-up in the past. The billionaire businessman intended to use Mahindra cars as his daily driver. He had also bought a customised TUV300 SUV for his personal use.
While Mr Mahindra is extremely impressed and eagerly waiting for the Thar to launch in the Indian market. The team behind the new-gen SUV should be proud as it is the best form of appreciation that they can get from the boss of the company.
Along with Anand Mahindra, other famous personalities have also replied to the tweet appreciating the new Thar. Mr Kris Gopalakrishnan, Chairman of Axilor Ventures, and famous actress Raveena Tandon have tweeted stating they are ready to buy one as soon as the off-road SUV is launched.
There is a good reason behind all the attention that the new-gen Thar is getting from everyone regardless of them being an off-road enthusiast. The new-gen Thar has come so far ahead from the previous model that it can now be used as a daily driver along with all the off-road capabilities.
The highlight of the new-gen SUV has to be its updated powertrain options. This includes a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. Additionally, all models are offered with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system as standard.
The SUV has received a host of new features and design updates over the older model. It is offered in two variants along with a factory-fitted hard-top and soft-top options as well — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Anand Mahindra Wanting 2020 Thar Added To His Garage
The 2020 Mahindra Thar certainly has come a long way from its previous model. The new-gen SUV offers better space, premium interiors, new powertrain options and most of all look better than the BS4 model. All this has resulted in new Thar gaining the attention and acceptance of the top-brass in the company. Kudos to the team!