- 39 min ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 58 min ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 16 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Birthday Celebration Pictures Of The Actor Scream Fun
- News Madhya Pradesh: President arrives in Jabalpur as part of two-day visit
- Technology Future Of Smart Home Security Could Be Beyond Cameras
- Finance How to Know Your EPF UAN and Download UAN Card?
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah wedding: Why rumour of India pacer's marriage with actress Anupama Parameshwaram is trending
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Central Government announced, over the weekend, that Mr Anand Mahindra, the Chairman at the Mahindra Group, and Mr Venu Srinivasan, the Chairman and Managing Director at the TVS Motor Company, would both be recipients of the Padma Bhushan award.
Both gentlemen are being awarded the third-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, for their contribution to the trade and industry fields of commerce.
Mr Mahindra has played a major and rather active role in diversifying the Mahindra Group, and taking trade to the global arena. Mr Mahindra became the Deputy Managing Director their automobile division, Mahindra & Mahindra in 1991, and Chairman of the group in 2012.
Anand Mahindra has contributed immensely to the growth of the automotive division under his leadership, and has led the company to many lucrative and successful partnerships with other global brands. Mr Mahindra is also well known for his philanthropic work, and his social media presence.
Headquartered at Mumbai, India, the Mahindra Group currently has business interests in aerospace, agribusiness, automotive, construction, defense, energy, information technology, hospitality, real estate, and retail among other businesses.
The Group recently announce that Mr Mahindra was stepping down as Executive Chairman of the Board, but will continue as the Non-Executive Chairman starting 1 April this year.
Mr Venu Srinivasan became the Managing Director of Sundaram-Clayton in 1979, and Chairman of the TVS Motor Company during the late 1980s, at a time when the company had labour trouble, striking workers, and accumulating losses.
Mr Srinivasan shut the factory down for three months, forcing the unions to give in, upgraded the factories, invested in new technology, and introduced Total Quality Management - a Japanese method of process driven management.
Under his leadership TVS Motor Company separated from Suzuki, and launched its first in-house built TVS Victor. His leadership has made TVS has become the country's third largest manufacturer of two-wheelers, and also manufacturers motorcycles for German auto giants BMW.
Thoughts About Mr Anand Mahindra And Mr Venu Srinivasan Being Awarded The Padma Bhushan Award
First of, congratulations to both gentlemen. Both Mr Mahindra and Mr Srinivasan have done a massive amount of work in their respective industries, and have contributed to the overall growth of the country. Well done and well deserved!