- 15 min ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 19 min ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 3 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Movies Shoaib Ibrahim Makes Wife Dipika Kakar’s Birthday Special By Surprising Her With A Homemade Cake
- News KEA KCET Provisional Answer Key 2020 released: Raise objections by Aug 8
- Sports England cricket board stares at 182 million pound deficit after Covid-19 crisis
- Technology Stylish, Powerful and Premium - The New OPPO Reno4 Pro is Jack of All Trades
- Finance Birlasoft Gains 17% To Hit 52-Week High On Q1 Net Profit
- Lifestyle On Dipika Kakar’s Birthday, Her 5 Beautiful Ethnic Looks From Quarantine Days That Amazed Us!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Amazon India has introduced a vast fleet of three and four wheeler electric vehicles that will deliver the products across the nation. As of now, these vehicles will operate in over 20 cities, including Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Nagpur, and Coimbatore.
At a press conference, the company stated, "Amazon India has been working with several Indian OEMs to build a fleet of vehicles that ensure sustainable and safe deliveries of customer orders. Significant progress in the Indian e-mobility industry in the last few years has led to advanced technology, and superior motor and battery components."
Amazon India has been working with OEMs to develop these vehicles.The company aims to have a fleet size of 10,000 electric vehicles by the year 2025, and a fleet of over 1 lakh electric vehicles by 2030. Amazon India expects to save 4 million metric tons of carbon per year by using electric delivery vehicles.
The company also said, "Also, the government's focus to encourage the adoption of electric vehicles in the country, and steps towards setting up of charging infrastructure with the FAME 2 policy has helped the company accelerate and chart its vision for EVs in India."
Amazon's CEO Jeff Bezos tweeted that the company has started to roll out its fleet of electric delivery rickshaws. He added, "Fully electric. Zero carbon. #ClimatePledge." The tweet also contains a video of Jeff Bezos riding one of the electric delivery three-wheelers.
Akhil Saxena, Vice President, Customer Fulfillment - APAC & Emerging Markets, Amazon, said, "At Amazon India, we are committed to building a supply chain that will minimize the environmental impact of our operations. The expansion of our Electric Vehicle fleet to 10,000 vehicles by 2025 is an integral milestone in our journey to become an energy-efficient leader in the industry. We will continue to invest in the electrification of our delivery fleet, thereby reducing our dependence on non-renewable resources."
Thoughts On Amazon Launching EVs For Delivery
It is very thoughtful of Amazon to take such a step in saving the environment from carbon emissions and since EVs are the future of mobility, we think every manufacturer should focus on taking such initiatives to protect the environment.