- 7 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Fulham 0-1 Chelsea: Mount spares blushes of unimpressive Blues
- News Maharashtra halts Covid-19 vaccination drive till Monday due to Co-Win app glitches
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The previous generation Skoda Octavia has been on sale in the Indian market since 2013. Over the years, the sedan received a good amount of response in the market. But, unfortunately, the Octavia was not updated to meet the BS6 norms. The company was expected to launch the new Octavia sometime during the end of this year, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the launch has been postponed to the first quarter of 2021.
However, according to the images snapped by Autocar India, the new Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing, completely undisguised, on the outskirts of Pune. Skoda revealed the new Octavia in the international market and this is the first time that the sedan has been spotted testing in the country.
As seen in the spy images, the new Octavia gets a new set of LED headlights with LED DRLs. This time the headlight unit is not split into two, like the previous generation, and gets a sleeker-looking unit. The sedan also gets LED fog lamps that are placed at the same palace as seen on the older model. It also features LED tail-lights and the new Octavia is seen running on new 17-inch ‘Rotare Aero' alloy wheels.
The all-new Skoda Octavia is based on a reworked version of the Group's MQB platform. Compared to the previous generation model, the new Skoda Octavia is now 19mm longer and 15mm wider. Also, by seeing the spy pictures, the new model seems to have got a slightly raised ride height also.
The international-spec Octavia got five stars in the Euro NCAP crash tests.
Mechanically, the new Octavia, expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre TSI engine producing 148bhp of power and a 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine pumping out 188bhp of power. The 1.5 TSI engine is likely to be available with a six-speed manual gearbox, while the 2.0 TSI is expected to come with a 7-speed DSG automatic.
Thoughts About The All-New Skoda Octavia
The all-new Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing on our soils for the very first time. As seen in the images the sedan looks absolutely fantastic and is loaded with features. We expect the company to put a price tag between the Rs 21 lakh to Rs 24 lakh mark.