- 3 hrs ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 3 hrs ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo Goes On Sale In India: Prices For The Supercar Start From Rs 4.02 Crore
- News Himachal Pradesh Power minister Sukh Ram Chaudhary tests positive for COVID-19
- Technology Oppo A52 Arrives With New Configuration In India: Price And Sale Details
- Sports Marquez broke arm plate opening window at home
- Movies CBI Files FIR Against Rhea Chakraborty In Sushant Singh Rajput’s Death Case
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi And Amyra Dastur Will Inspire You To Up Your Look With Blue Outfits This Monsoon
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The previous generation Skoda Octavia has been on sale in the Indian market since 2013. Over the years, the sedan received a good amount of response in the market. But, unfortunately, the Octavia was not updated to meet the BS6 norms. The company was expected to launch the new Octavia sometime during the end of this year, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the launch has been postponed to the first quarter of 2021.
However, according to the images snapped by Autocar India, the new Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing, completely undisguised, on the outskirts of Pune. Skoda revealed the new Octavia in the international market and this is the first time that the sedan has been spotted testing in the country.
As seen in the spy images, the new Octavia gets a new set of LED headlights with LED DRLs. This time the headlight unit is not split into two, like the previous generation, and gets a sleeker-looking unit. The sedan also gets LED fog lamps that are placed at the same palace as seen on the older model. It also features LED tail-lights and the new Octavia is seen running on new 17-inch ‘Rotare Aero' alloy wheels.
The all-new Skoda Octavia is based on a reworked version of the Group's MQB platform. Compared to the previous generation model, the new Skoda Octavia is now 19mm longer and 15mm wider. Also, by seeing the spy pictures, the new model seems to have got a slightly raised ride height also.
On the inside, the sedan, as seen in the pictures, will get a dual-tone, beige-and-black interior theme, a 10.25-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, three-zone climate control, a heads-up display, connected car tech with an eSIM, gesture control, wireless smartphone charging and a digital assistant which is being called ‘Laura'.
The international-spec Octavia got five stars in the Euro NCAP crash tests.
Mechanically, the new Octavia, expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre TSI engine producing 148bhp of power and a 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine pumping out 188bhp of power. The 1.5 TSI engine is likely to be available with a six-speed manual gearbox, while the 2.0 TSI is expected to come with a 7-speed DSG automatic.
Thoughts About The All-New Skoda Octavia
The all-new Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing on our soils for the very first time. As seen in the images the sedan looks absolutely fantastic and is loaded with features. We expect the company to put a price tag between the Rs 21 lakh to Rs 24 lakh mark.