- 12 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Technology Poco M3 India Launch Date Set For February 2
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Ottocar J, an 80-year-old resident of Vienna recently bought a Boxster Spyder in a gleaming blue colour. He did that to complete 80 Porsche cars purchased over the past several decades. Ottocar says that his passion for Porsches started nearly 50 years ago when one such car flew past him. In the next few years, when he had enough money to buy one, he eventually bought a 911 E in Speed Yellow.
"I came the first time in 1977. A 911 Carrera 3.0 was waiting for me then," Ottocar remembers. He also stated "The Porsche cars simply flew past me on all sides," he recalls. So he started to save up, and bought himself a 911 E in Speed Yellow, also known as the "oil cap model". It would be the start of a lifelong passion.
Ottocar J has owned 80 different Porsche cars throughout his life, including nine versions of the Carrera RS. Today, his collection comprises around 38 cars, or, as Ottocar himself puts it: "I can drive a different one every day for a month - and two at the weekends."
He has built a separate building for his Porsche collection and calls it his "living room". Visitors stroll past shop entrances, workshop doors, display windows and advertising signs. They pass Ottocar's toy shop, an antiques store and a cinema that is previewing, of course, Steve McQueen's epic film "Le Mans". His room is also decorated with numerous cups, posters, components, trophies and mementos from races, events and Porsche Club meets.
In other recent Porsche news, the company has announced that its Cayenne performance SUV has achieved 1 million units of production. The company had first launched the SUV back in the year 2002, and within two decades, the luxury performance SUV has achieved a new milestone for the brand.
Thoughts About The 80-Year-Old Buying His 80th Porsche
Ottocar J has shown his brand loyalty towards Porsche by buying his 80th Porsche Boxster Spyder in a gleaming blue colour. Well, we have nothing more to say than this, that once a Porsche purist, always a Porsche purist.