- 9 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Technology Vivo Y72t With Dimensity 810 SoC, 64MP Dual Cameras Goes Official; Price, Full Specifications
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Ottocar J, an 80-year-old resident of Vienna recently bought a Boxster Spyder in a gleaming blue colour. He did that to complete 80 Porsche cars purchased over the past several decades. Ottocar says that his passion for Porsches started nearly 50 years ago when one such car flew past him. In the next few years, when he had enough money to buy one, he eventually bought a 911 E in Speed Yellow.
"I came the first time in 1977. A 911 Carrera 3.0 was waiting for me then," Ottocar remembers. He also stated "The Porsche cars simply flew past me on all sides," he recalls. So he started to save up, and bought himself a 911 E in Speed Yellow, also known as the "oil cap model". It would be the start of a lifelong passion.
Ottocar J has owned 80 different Porsche cars throughout his life, including nine versions of the Carrera RS. Today, his collection comprises around 38 cars, or, as Ottocar himself puts it: "I can drive a different one every day for a month - and two at the weekends."
He has built a separate building for his Porsche collection and calls it his "living room". Visitors stroll past shop entrances, workshop doors, display windows and advertising signs. They pass Ottocar's toy shop, an antiques store and a cinema that is previewing, of course, Steve McQueen's epic film "Le Mans". His room is also decorated with numerous cups, posters, components, trophies and mementos from races, events and Porsche Club meets.
In other recent Porsche news, the company has announced that its Cayenne performance SUV has achieved 1 million units of production. The company had first launched the SUV back in the year 2002, and within two decades, the luxury performance SUV has achieved a new milestone for the brand.
Thoughts About The 80-Year-Old Buying His 80th Porsche
Ottocar J has shown his brand loyalty towards Porsche by buying his 80th Porsche Boxster Spyder in a gleaming blue colour. Well, we have nothing more to say than this, that once a Porsche purist, always a Porsche purist.