- 32 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Finance Medi Assist Files DRHP For Rs. 840 Crore IPO
- Movies Amruta Khanvilkar On 3 Years Of Raazi: Watching Alia Bhatt Perform As Sehmat Was An Absolute Treat
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Ottocar J, an 80-year-old resident of Vienna recently bought a Boxster Spyder in a gleaming blue colour. He did that to complete 80 Porsche cars purchased over the past several decades. Ottocar says that his passion for Porsches started nearly 50 years ago when one such car flew past him. In the next few years, when he had enough money to buy one, he eventually bought a 911 E in Speed Yellow.
"I came the first time in 1977. A 911 Carrera 3.0 was waiting for me then," Ottocar remembers. He also stated "The Porsche cars simply flew past me on all sides," he recalls. So he started to save up, and bought himself a 911 E in Speed Yellow, also known as the "oil cap model". It would be the start of a lifelong passion.
Ottocar J has owned 80 different Porsche cars throughout his life, including nine versions of the Carrera RS. Today, his collection comprises around 38 cars, or, as Ottocar himself puts it: "I can drive a different one every day for a month - and two at the weekends."
He has built a separate building for his Porsche collection and calls it his "living room". Visitors stroll past shop entrances, workshop doors, display windows and advertising signs. They pass Ottocar's toy shop, an antiques store and a cinema that is previewing, of course, Steve McQueen's epic film "Le Mans". His room is also decorated with numerous cups, posters, components, trophies and mementos from races, events and Porsche Club meets.
In other recent Porsche news, the company has announced that its Cayenne performance SUV has achieved 1 million units of production. The company had first launched the SUV back in the year 2002, and within two decades, the luxury performance SUV has achieved a new milestone for the brand.
Thoughts About The 80-Year-Old Buying His 80th Porsche
Ottocar J has shown his brand loyalty towards Porsche by buying his 80th Porsche Boxster Spyder in a gleaming blue colour. Well, we have nothing more to say than this, that once a Porsche purist, always a Porsche purist.