- 1 hr ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 5 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News India has lost 196 doctors to Covid-19, most of them general practitioners: IMA
- Sports Bottas expresses Mercedes pride after following new deal with pole
- Movies Gunjan Saxena Is Thrilled With Pankaj Tripathi’s Portrayal Of Her Father In Biopic, Says 'Respect'
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Or Rakul Preet Singh, Whose Handloom Saree Will You Choose For The Next Formal Event?
- Technology Realme C15, C11 India Launch Teased Officially; Launch Imminent?
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Mahindra & Mahindra is gearing up to launch the next-generation Thar off-road SUV in the country. The next-gen Thar has been spotted testing multiple times and is one of the most anticipated models from the company's portfolio. Mahindra was supposed to launch the all-new Thar post the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which unfortunately had to be postponed.
However, according to a recent report by CarandBike, the company has confirmed that it will be launching the new-gen BS6-compliant post October. Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Automotive & Farm Division- Mahindra & Mahindra also mentioned that the delay happened because of the six to eight weeks of lockdown in April and most parts of May, which delayed the last steps of the production-ready version.
On the outside, the all-new Mahindra Thar will retain its boxy silhouette, but it will be bigger compared to its predecessor. The new SUV will be getting features like LED headlight along with DRLs surrounding it, LED tail lights, a new set of alloy wheels, etc.
On the inside the new Thar is expected to get features such as a new floating touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials flanked on either side of MID, an automatic climate control system, a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats and many more.
The 2020 Thar will feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as well. The SUV will include safety features such as ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert as standard.
Under the hood, we expect the new-generation Mahindra Thar to be offered with both diesel and petrol engine options. First being an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit which is expected to produce around 140bhp of power and on the other hand, is also a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine, that will churn out 180bhp of power. Both the petrol and diesel units are likely to be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. There will also be an optional automatic transmission available.
Thoughts About The All-New Mahindra Thar
As we mentioned above, the all-new Mahindra Thar is one of the most anticipated models from the company's portfolio. With all the changes done to the exterior and interior, the new Thar is expected to offer a premium look and feel as compared to the previous-generation model.