- 16 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 18 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 19 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Mahindra & Mahindra is gearing up to launch the next-generation Thar off-road SUV in the country. The next-gen Thar has been spotted testing multiple times and is one of the most anticipated models from the company's portfolio. Mahindra was supposed to launch the all-new Thar post the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which unfortunately had to be postponed.
However, according to a recent report by CarandBike, the company has confirmed that it will be launching the new-gen BS6-compliant post October. Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Automotive & Farm Division- Mahindra & Mahindra also mentioned that the delay happened because of the six to eight weeks of lockdown in April and most parts of May, which delayed the last steps of the production-ready version.
On the outside, the all-new Mahindra Thar will retain its boxy silhouette, but it will be bigger compared to its predecessor. The new SUV will be getting features like LED headlight along with DRLs surrounding it, LED tail lights, a new set of alloy wheels, etc.
On the inside the new Thar is expected to get features such as a new floating touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster with two analogue dials flanked on either side of MID, an automatic climate control system, a new steering wheel design with mounted cruise and audio controls, forward-facing rear-seats and many more.
The 2020 Thar will feature improved crash protection and pedestrian safety as well. The SUV will include safety features such as ABS, a seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, a speed alert as standard.
Under the hood, we expect the new-generation Mahindra Thar to be offered with both diesel and petrol engine options. First being an all-new 2.0-litre turbo-diesel unit which is expected to produce around 140bhp of power and on the other hand, is also a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine, that will churn out 180bhp of power. Both the petrol and diesel units are likely to be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. There will also be an optional automatic transmission available.
Thoughts About The All-New Mahindra Thar
As we mentioned above, the all-new Mahindra Thar is one of the most anticipated models from the company's portfolio. With all the changes done to the exterior and interior, the new Thar is expected to offer a premium look and feel as compared to the previous-generation model.