- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology Week 21, 2019 launch roundup: Asus Zenfone 6, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S, Vivo Y3, Honor 20 Pro and more
- News Weather today: Pre-Monsoon rains likely for Bangaloreans for the next three days
- Movies Hina Khan Is Highest Paid Actress In Television? The Actress Has A Witty Answer!
- Sports I was fighting with the spirit of Lauda - Hamilton wins his 'hardest race'
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
X1 (Xtreme1) Racing League — the first franchise-based motorsport league in the world — has announced a new initiative to identify and encourage budding motorsport enthusiasts in the country. Titled as 'X1 E-Sports League (X1EL)', the India-centric motorsport programme will serve as an ideal platform of opportunity for young minds who wish to become a professional racecar driver.
X1 Racing League will be launched in October 2019 by two of the top international racers from the country: Armaan Ebrahim and Aditya Patel, and is sanctioned by The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) — check out more details of the 'World's First City-Based Motorsport Championship' here.
As part of the selection process, X1 E-Sports League will organise a nationwide virtual car racing event for both men and women. The round will also set a benchmark in India's motorsport and gaming history by enabling aspirants to shift their motorsport dreams from the console world to real-life tracks. X1EL will be conducted in malls and colleges across major eight Indian cities; wherein participants will compete on a racing simulator for more than seven days.
Registrations for X1 E-Sports League can be done online and offline, one week prior to its commencement in each city. Registrations are open to anyone above the age of 15; irrespective of their professional or educational background. Another highlight is that the registrations can be done free of cost on a first-come-first-serve basis. Further details on the same will be shared on the official website and social media platforms of X1 Racing League.
At the end of each selection leg, 50 participants will be shortlisted for the finals; depending on their best lap times. The final top five will get a chance to be part of a professional racing team and test drive the X1 Racing League car; plus of course, the opportunity to train under the guidance of Armaan Ebrahim and Aditya Patel.
Speaking about the initiative, Armaan Ebrahim shared, "E-Sports is certainly getting bigger and bigger, and has become the goto hunting ground for young and aspiring race drivers. We are seeing Formula 1 integrate E-Sports and there are certainly immense possibilities for this in our country too. There is a huge potential untapped in our country when it comes to esports racing or even real track racing. With the inception of our India centric esports competition, X1 E-Sports we are moving a step towards filling that void."
"We are delighted to announce our E-Sports competition as a part of X1. I believe it is the dream of every youngster to be a professional race driver, all geared up in a high-speed racing car. With the onset of X1 E-Sports in India, we are no just aiming aim to give recognition to the E-Sports culture and e-racers/gamers, but we also try to bring out the best of the talents and train them to represent India in real racing on a world level," stated Aditya Patel.
Thoughts On X1 E-Sports League
The field of Indian motorsports has been witnessing a steady growth in the past couple of years, thanks to the active support of various automotive brands and the FMSCI. Through X1 Racing League, the country's motorsport heritage will definitely cross new boundaries and represent India on a global level.