- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- Movies Sudeep Reveals Another Important Detail About Pailwaan! Kiccha's All Praise For This Character
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Finance UPI Or IMPS For An Online Transaction: What Should You Opt?
- Sports Willian would be sad to see Hazard leave Chelsea
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Bangalore International Airport (Kempegowda International Airport) has launched a special women-only cab service. The new cab service is specifically for women passengers travelling to and fro the airport.
This new facility has been introduced jointly by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) and Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL). The initiative of a women-only taxi service has been launched initially on an experimental basis.
Currently, the cab service runs a fleet of just 10 cars, which is expected to further increase based on the demand and feedback from passengers. The cabs can be availed either by solo female travellers or a group of women travelling together.
The cab service can be availed around the clock, with fares starting from Rs 21.50 per kilometre during the day (6 am to 11:59 pm) and Rs 23.50 per kilometre during the night (12 am to 6 am).
The women drivers themselves will be fluent in multiple languages, aware of all local areas and also trained in self-defence tactics. The cars will also come with a number of safety features such as GPRS tracking and an SOS switch.
Kumar Pushkar, MD, KSTDC, stated, "This concept has been implemented with the objective to provide a safe and secure mode of transport for women travellers from the Airport, while simultaneously create opportunities for women drivers to be self-employed and empowered."
Hari Marar, MD & CEO, BIAL, stated, "At the BLR Airport, safety and security of women passengers are of prime concern. This is another step in our endeavour towards ensuring that women are 100 per cent safe and travel safely. The pink cars will offer a great sense of safety and a secure mode of transport to women of all ages. We thank KSTDC for working with us to implement this concept at the BLR Airport."
Thoughts On The Women-Only Bangalore Airport Taxi Service
The special cab service for women to and fro the airport is a joint initiative between KSTDC and BIAL. The women-only cab service is aimed mainly towards strengthening the safety and security of women travellers to and fro the airport.
Source: ET Auto