- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Swedish auto manufacturer, Volvo, is planning to launch a petrol variant of its XC40 model in the country. The company is expected to open books for the vehicle before the launch happens.
Volvo's smallest SUV, the XC40 was available with the D4 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 190bhp of power and 400Nm of torque. The diesel model has been sold out for now and will be made available at some point during 2020.
The soon-to-be launched XC40 petrol model will be made available in the T4 trim, and will most likely be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 190bhp of power, and 300Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to an eight-speed transmission.
Rumor has it that the all new Volvo XC40 petrol model will not be offered with the all wheel drive package. In addition, the SUV will feature BS-IV engines for n ow, and will receive upgrades closer to the 1 April 2020 deadline.
The XC40 petrol variant is expected to feature like paddle-shifters, adaptive cruise control, automatic parking, heated seats, wireless phone charging and a hands-free boot-opening function.
We expect the SUV to priced between Rs 34 lakh and Rs 39 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Once launched, the XC40 (P) will compete with the BMW X1, the Mercedes-Benz GLA, the Audi Q3, and the Mini Countryman.
In launch related news, the company launched the Volvo XC90 Excellence Lounge Console earlier this year. The luxury car is available by order only, and is restricted to just 15 units in the country.
The XC90 Excellence Lounge Console is a three seater that is built for ultimate creature comforts. It features a rising leg rest, a storage compartment, a pop-up touchscreen display, crystal glasses, an in-car refrigerator, and a champagne flute holder. To know more about the Volvo XC90 Excellence Lounge Console, click here.
Thoughts About Volvo Launching A Petrol Variant Of The XC40
This is great news for folk who want a petrol engine on the XC40. Also, the company will be able to price the vehicle to make it more affordable when compared to diesel models. We want very much to test one of these models out.