- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 19 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 20 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Technology Oppo K3 With Pop-Up Selfie Camera India Launch Set For Today At 6PM
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- Finance SEBI Tightens Disclosure Norms Of Banks Listed On The Stock Exchange
- Movies Arbaaz Khan Said THIS About Malaika Arora After She Makes Relationship With Arjun Kapoor Official
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Volvo Cars India has confirmed the launch of their new 2019 S60 sedan for the Indian market. The new Volvo S60 will launch sometime during the end of 2019 and similar to global markets, will not be offered with a diesel engine in India as well.
The 2019 Volvo S60 sedan was first showcased in June 2018 at the company's manufacturing plant in Charleston, South Carolina, USA. The Volvo S60 sedan is the first product from the Swedish carmaker to come without a diesel engine offering.
The Volvo S60 mid-size sedan is part of the company's Scalable Product Architecture (SPA). This is the same platform as on its larger sibling, the S90 sedan.
In the American market, the 2019 Volvo S60 is available in three engine variants — T5, T6 and T8 plug-in hybrid. The Volvo S60 is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with different states-of-tune. The T5 with the turbo-petrol churns out 250bhp and 350Nm of torque. The T6 comes with a turbo and supercharger producing 316bhp and 400Nm of torque.
The top-spec T8 plug-in hybrid, on the other hand, uses the same spec as the T6 variant with the additional 65kW electric motor and 10.4kWh battery pack. The combined output for the T8 comes up to 400bhp and 640Nm of peak torque.
All three engine variants come mated to a standard five-speed automatic gearbox. The T5 variant gets a front-wheel-drive system while the T6 and T8 receive an AWD configuration.
The Volvo S60 also comes with a host of features and equipment. Some of them include Sensus Connect Infotainment System with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, tablet-style touchscreen infotainment interface, Cross-traffic Alert, Auto-Brake Technology, Pilot Assist System and a host of other functions.
Volvo is expected to bring in the T5 and T6 variants in the Indian market. However, with Volvo's plans to assemble PHEV's in the country, they might introduce the T8 variants at a later stage as well.
Thoughts On The New 2019 Volvo S60 Sedan
The 2019 Volvo S60 sedan is the first product from the brand to come without any diesel engines. This is part of their new strategy to slowly shift focus towards hybrid and all-electric vehicles for the future. The Volvo S60 once launched in the Indian market, will rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3-Series, Audi A4 and the Jaguar XE.