- 16 min ago Harley-Davidson Livewire In India? — Listed On Official Indian Website
- 40 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 3 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- 4 hrs ago Ford India, Mahindra To Oversee International Markets Group — Cater For 100 Emerging Markets
- Sports World Cup 2022 Asian Qualifiers: India in Group E with Qatar
- News UP CM framing Azam Khan in false cases: SP leader Ram Govind Chaudhary
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
- Lifestyle Cysts: Causes, Types, Symptoms & Treatment
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Signature Edition With Gold And Diamond Launched In India For Rs. 4,80,000
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
German automotive giant Volkswagen has teased the production version of its first-ever electric vehicle. The teaser images of the Volkswagen I.D. electric hatchback have started appearing on the carmaker website in Germany ahead of the opening of pre-orders for the EV on May 8. Volkswagen is set to unveil the final production-spec version of the I.D. hatchback at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show later this year.
The Volkswagen I.D. was first unveiled in conceptm guise at the 2016 Paris Motor Show as the company showed the direction it was heading in post-diselgate. The Volkswagen I.D. (or I.D. Neo) was followed by six other concept cars including the I.D. R race car, which became the first car to climb Pikes Peak in under 8 minutes with a time of 7:57.148 in June 2018.
The prouction-spec version of the I.D. Neo hatchback will be offered in three different guises. The base variant of the I.D. production electric hatchback will feature a range of 330 kilometres. The mid-level model will get a range of 450 kilometers with the top spec model adding another 100 kilometers to take the range to 550 kilometres (Please note that all range figures mentioned are as per the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure regulations).
Volkswagen will offer the production-spec I.D. with two different Level 2 on-board charging options in the form of 7.2kW and 11kW chargers. The charging options for the VW I.D. were revealed in leaked information which also stated that the electric hatcback would support 250kW DC fast charging.
Prices for the Volkswagen I.D. electric car are expected to start at around $30,000 when it arrives on the roads of Europe after it debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show this autumn. Like the other upcoming mass-market appeal electric cars from Volkswagen and its other car brands like Skoda's Vision iV, the Seat el Born SUV and Audi's Q4 etron, the I.D. is underpinned by the German carmaker's Modularer E-Antriebs-Baukasten (MEB) platform for electric vehicles. This platform will underpin most of the electric cars from the VW, though more premium ones like the Audi e-tron and Porsche's Taycan will be based on the Premium Platform Electric architecture developed by the two luxury brands.