- 1 min ago New 2019 BMW 3-Series India-Launch Confirmed — Here Are All The Details!
- 16 min ago Mahindra Roxor Being Sold With Mattracks As Official Accessory In The USA
- 46 min ago VW And Zoomcar Offer Polo Trendline (P) On Monthly Subscription — No Down Payment Either
- 14 hrs ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- News Development to countertenor ops: Shah has plenty on his plate during first J&K visit
- Movies Kangana Ranaut-Aditya Pancholi Controversy: Actress & Sister Rangoli Issued Summon By Mumbai Court
- Sports UFC returns to Newark with pivotal Welterweight bout
- Finance DHFL Defaults On Commercial Paper Repayment
- Technology MediaTek Helio P65 SoC With 48 MP Camera Supports Now Available For OEMs
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
German automotive giant Volkswagen unveiled the T-Roc SUV in Europe last year. According to a new report by NDTV Auto, Volkswagen will bring the T-Roc SUV to India in 2019 under the new vehicle import norms which allow automakers to bring in 2500 vehicles homologated abroad into the country every year.
According to NDTV Auto, after lengthy delibration, Volkswagen decided to import the T-Roc SUV into the country to give its Indian arm a much needed new model for 2019. The publication claims that the new Volkswagen T-Roc will compete in the SUV segment between the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass, a section of the Indian SUV market that currently only plays host to the Tata Harrier SUV.
The publication also claims that Volkswagen T-Roc will only be offered in India in petrol guise. This rings true as the automotive giant is said to be ditching its diesel engines for a more petrol focused (and eventually electric) future in India.
Volkswagen currently offers the T-Roc SUV with three petrol engine in Europe. These engines are a turbocharged 1.0-litre 3-cylinder and two inline four turbos that displace either 1.5 and 2.0-litres. It is the 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine that is expected to arrive in India. The four-cylinder turbocharged engine kicks out 187bhp at 5,000rpm and 320Nm of peak torque at 1,500rpm. The engine is only offered with a 7-speed DSG dual clutch automatic gearbox. This top-spec T-Roc sprints from 0-100km/h in 7.2 seconds and has a top speed of 216km/h.
The Volkswagen T-Roc is 4,229mm long, 1,831mm wide and 1,501mm tall. The wheelbase of the SUV is 2596mm long. This means that the T-Roc is more in line with the Hyundai Creta in terms of size.
However, the price of the SUV is expected to range between Rs 17-20 lakh, ex-showroom, which is why NDTV Auto claims that Volkswagen is going to bring the fully loaded version of T-Roc to India. The publication states that this is the reason the T-Roc will feature the top-spec engine and dual-clutch gearbox when it arrives in India.
The interiors are said to be feature packed as well with an Audi-style digital instrument display set to be seen along with another large display for the infotainment system and many other premium options.