- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Quick thinking: How Amit Shah’s top men handled Assam during CAA protests
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Volkswagen India is all set to introduce its all-new T-Roc SUV in the market during the 2020 Auto Expo. According to carandbike, the new Volkswagen T-Roc SUV was first scheduled to go on sale in India in December this year. However, the German brand has delayed the launch by 2 months.
The launch of the Volkswagen T-Roc in India is part of the brand's aggressive sales strategy for 2020. Volkswagen will be introducing a host of SUVs in the Indian market in the coming year, starting with the T-Roc.
The Volkswagen T-Roc will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos, MG Hector and the Hyundai Creta. However, the T-Roc will be imported into India as a CBU (Completely Built Unit) initially and will hence not be looking at volume sales in the country.
The company will use the government's revised homologation rule to import the T-Roc SUV to the Indian market. The government currently allows 2500 cars from each manufacturer to be imported annually, without the need for homologation.
The brand is expected to launch a much more localised version of the T-Roc in the Indian market, sometime in June-2020. The new heavily localised model will also feature a new engine specifically made in India — the 1.0-litre TSI petrol unit.
Initially, the imported model which will arrive at the 2020 Auto Expo will be powered by a larger 1.5-litre turbocharged TSI petrol engine. This engine will be mated to a seven-speed
Once launched in India, the Volkswagen T-Roc will be available in a single fully-loaded variant. It will feature a host of premium equipment, making very attractive premium offerings from the brand in India.
The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV is also part of the brand's ‘India 2.0 Project'. Under this, the company will introduce a host of new products in the Indian market, with Skoda taking charge of operations.
In India, both Skoda and Volkswagen have already merged to form a single entity — Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd. The merger will see the two companies work together more closely in the Indian market, aiming to acquire a significant market share in India by 2025.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV India Launch Details
The Volkswagen T-Roc will be the first of many SUVs set to be introduced in India. The company has already confirmed the arrival of the Tiguan AllSpace (a 7-seater version of the Tiguan) and the Skoda Karoq. Once launched in India, expect the Volkswagen T-Roc to be priced in the range of Rs 18 - 19 lakh, ex-showroom.