- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance PC Jeweller Sinks 9% After Care Ratings Downgrades Its FD To CARE D FD
- Technology Google Under DoJ’s Radar: To Review Acquisition Of Fitbit
- News Amazon partnered with Onida to bring Fire TV edition smart TVs
- Sports La Liga review: Messi’s hat-trick and a few contract renewals
- Lifestyle BMTC Spreads The Message Of ‘Save Environment And Money’ Through A Short Film
- Movies Swedish Pop-singer Marie Fredriksson Passes Away
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Volkswagen is all set to introduce a brand-new product in the Indian market with the T-Roc SUV. the new Volkswagen T-Roc SUV has been spotted ahead of its launch at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The new T-Roc from Volkswagen will be positioned in the mid-size SUV segment. It will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Skoda Karoq in the Indian market. The SUV from the German brand will be initially imported into the country via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route.
The spy pics of the test mule from Team-BHP showcases a completely camouflaged T-Roc SUV. The car seems to be undergoing extensive testing ahead of its expected launch in the country. However, through the camouflaged panels, certain design aspects of the SUV can be noticed.
This includes the sleek front grille, which is flanked on either side by a pair of LED projector headlamps. The SUV also features muscular bumpers at the front, with a large mesh grille for the air intake. The front bumper also houses LED DRLs on either end as well.
Moving to the side and rear profiles of the SUV, the Volkswagen T-Roc test mule features a 5-spoke alloy wheel, roof-mounted spoiler at the rear and sleek horizontal LED taillights. The rear bumpers are beefy and house the scuff plates at the centre, along with the reflectors at either end. The SUV comes with black-cladding all around the SUV, including on the side wheel arches.
The spy pics of the Volkswagen T-Roc test mule doesn't showcase the interiors of the SUV. However, the international-spec does come with a host of features; most of which could be carried forward to the India-bound model as well.
Interior features on the Volkswagen T-Roc include an 11.3-inch digital instrument cluster. The SUV also comes with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, surrounded by an all-black dashboard and cabin. The dashboard of the T-Roc does come with body-coloured accents. The SUV also features contrast stitching on the seats and other highlights around the central console and door panels.
In terms of mechanicals, the India-spec Volkswagen T-Roc will be powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged TSI petrol engine. It produces 150bhp and comes mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV
The Volkswagen T-Roc is part of the brand's new 'India 2.0' project. The T-Roc is the first of multiple car launches planned by the company, which will also include other Skoda products as well. The new strategy of Volkswagen will be lead by Skoda India Group in the country.