- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
German auto manufacturer Volkswagen is preparing to unveil the India-spec VW T-Cross compact SUV at the Auto Expo 2020. The India bound T-Cross will feature cosmetic changes over the global models.
Rumor has it that the soon to be unveiled Volkswagen T-Cross will feature more chrome, a revised suspension set up, and a longer wheelbase (an extra 100mm). The longer wheelbase is to help make the SUV a more spacious five-seater.
The soon to be launched T-Cross compact SUV will be built on Volkswagen's MQB A0 platform. The company will offer only turbocharged petrol engines across the T-Cross range. Also expected to be on offer are six-speed manual, and seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine featured on the T-Cross is expected to produce 115bhp of power and 200Nm of torque. A bigger, 1.5-liter four-cylinder turbo petrol engine that produces 128bhp of power and 200Nm of torque will also be on offer. While there is no official statement, rumor has it that a CNG-Petrol option could be offered in future.
The VW T-Cross is expected to launch in India between late 2020 and early 2021. The SUV is likely to have a high level of localization and this could see the T-Cross being priced between Rs 11 lakh and Rs 15 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Should Volkswagen manage this pricing, the T-Cross will become the brand's first affordable SUV.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen T-Cross
The compact SUV segment is where are the action is and VW is entering the game a little late. The competition is heavy and unforgiving. We hope Volkswagen have brought their A game to the T-Cross. While we're not very impressed about how the T-Cross looks like in the pictures, we know performance will be as efficient as can be. As always, pricing is the most critical factor in Indian markets, and we hope VW are able to achieve this with the localization of the soon to be unveiled and eventually launched T-Cross compact SUV. We wish them all the best!