- 1 hr ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago CFMoto 250SR Expected To Launch In India By 2020
- Technology How To Activate And Deactivate Jio Caller Tune On Your Number
- Sports Sreesanth's ban reduced to seven years; to end in August 2020
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana’s Andhadhun Was Rejected By Many Big Stars!
- News Flying snake displayed to public to earn money, seized in Bhubaneswar
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Opening Show: A Sneak Peek Into Manish Malhotra's Collection
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
SAIC Volkswagen has revealed a new variant of the Volkswagen Polo for the Chinese market at the ongoing Shanghai Auto Show 2019. It is called the Volkswagen Polo Plus and comes with sporty looks but it lacks premium features.
The Polo Plus is larger in size than the Polo currently on sale in India and China. The Volkswagen Polo Plus comes with a dual-tone yellow and black finish, sporty-looking new 16-inch diamond-cut wheels, LED Tail-lamps, a subtle new rear spoiler, and faux dual-pipe exhaust system with the outlets finished in chrome.
It is a lower variant because it misses out on LED DRLs and the larger 17-inch wheels seen on most international variants. However, it does looks sportier because of the aesthetic additions discussed before. The same theme has been carried to the interiors of the Polo Plus as well.
It comes with a sporty dual-tone interior theme. The dashboard sports yellow highlights and so does the centre console and door. The rest of the interior is finished in black and that includes the seats. Small patches of silver further improve the seats' styling.
It features a touchscreen infotainment system with steering-mounted controls connected to four speakers and and four tweeters from beats. However, premium features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are missing from the touchscreen unit.
Also missing from the interiors of the Polo are features like the automatic climate control system and neck restraints. However, what it does offer is - rear camera, sunroof, and an overall more attractive interior.
Safety is taken care of as it features ABS with EBD, ESP and multiple airbags. There have been no mechanical changes made to the Polo Plus and it still continues to be powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine as the standard Polo on sale in China. The front wheels are driven via a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Would Volkswagen Launch The Polo Plus In India?
It is highly unlikely that the Volkswagen Polo Plus would be Launched in India, as the current-generation Polo is expected to remain on showroom floors for a couple of years. However, we are sure that Indian customers would love to have a Polo that looks sportier, just like the Polo Plus showcased for the Chinese market.
Thoughts On Volkswagen Polo Plus Revealed In China
The Volkswagen Polo is facing tough competition from its rivals, as all its rivals have been updated fairly recently, but the Volkswagen Polo soldiers on just the same. If sales of the Polo should continue, Volkswagen would need to bring in an update pretty soon.