- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 7 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Volkswagen India has announced their latest achievement in the Indian market. The German brand today announced that their Pune production plant rolled out its one millionth car. The one millionth production car from the brand was its compact sedan offering, the Ameo in a Carbon Steel paint scheme.
The Volkswagen Ameo, rolled out of the production line in the presence of Volkswagen India MD, Gurpratap Boparai and Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Director, Steffen Knapp.
Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director - Volkswagen India Private Limited stated:
"Volkswagen India's production facility is a global benchmark in quality and technological advancement in manufacturing, and it has remained the backbone of our growth narrative in India. On behalf of the entire management, I would like to congratulate the team at Volkswagen India who have worked relentlessly on achieving this milestone today." He added, "The roll-out of the 1 millionth car is an important milestone for us in our long term commitment to the Indian market. We would like to build further on this milestone and work towards higher localization, ramping up production and manufacturing world-class products for the country and several other markets around the world in the future."
Steffen Knapp - Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars stated:
"The one millionth roll-out of a Volkswagen carline is a testament of our strong brand equity in a dynamic and evolving market like India. This milestone is dedicated to all our employees, customers and strong network that have contributed significantly for the growth of our Brand in India. With this achievement, we look forward to many more such milestones and commit a stronger product portfolio and heightened customer experience in the years to come."
The Volkswagen Pune facility became operational in 2009 and was set up exclusively for the Indian market. The first car to roll out of the production line was the Skoda Fabia. Volkswagen later added three more models - Volkswagen Polo, Volkswagen Vento and the Skoda Rapid.
Volkswagen later began exporting the made-in-India cars to international markets as well. This included South Africa and Mexico. Today, Volkswagen produces over 400,000 units in the Pune plant which is shipped to over 50 countries across four continents.
Volkswagen is now looking to start its 'India 2.0' project. The German brand will be investing Rs 8,000 crores towards this new project. The 'India 2.0' project will see cars being locally developed specifically for the Indian market and is said to be based on modified MQB A0 platform.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen India Production Milestone
Volkswagen has been manufacturing its products in the Indian market for 10 years now. The German carmaker offers a varied number of products catering to almost every segment in India. The Volkswagen lineup currently consists of the Polo, Polo GT, Ameo, Vento, Passat and the Tiguan.