- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Heavy rain, thunderstorms hits Tripura, over 700 people homeless
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Volkswagen India has announced their latest achievement in the Indian market. The German brand today announced that their Pune production plant rolled out its one millionth car. The one millionth production car from the brand was its compact sedan offering, the Ameo in a Carbon Steel paint scheme.
The Volkswagen Ameo, rolled out of the production line in the presence of Volkswagen India MD, Gurpratap Boparai and Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Director, Steffen Knapp.
Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director - Volkswagen India Private Limited stated:
"Volkswagen India's production facility is a global benchmark in quality and technological advancement in manufacturing, and it has remained the backbone of our growth narrative in India. On behalf of the entire management, I would like to congratulate the team at Volkswagen India who have worked relentlessly on achieving this milestone today." He added, "The roll-out of the 1 millionth car is an important milestone for us in our long term commitment to the Indian market. We would like to build further on this milestone and work towards higher localization, ramping up production and manufacturing world-class products for the country and several other markets around the world in the future."
Steffen Knapp - Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars stated:
"The one millionth roll-out of a Volkswagen carline is a testament of our strong brand equity in a dynamic and evolving market like India. This milestone is dedicated to all our employees, customers and strong network that have contributed significantly for the growth of our Brand in India. With this achievement, we look forward to many more such milestones and commit a stronger product portfolio and heightened customer experience in the years to come."
The Volkswagen Pune facility became operational in 2009 and was set up exclusively for the Indian market. The first car to roll out of the production line was the Skoda Fabia. Volkswagen later added three more models - Volkswagen Polo, Volkswagen Vento and the Skoda Rapid.
Volkswagen later began exporting the made-in-India cars to international markets as well. This included South Africa and Mexico. Today, Volkswagen produces over 400,000 units in the Pune plant which is shipped to over 50 countries across four continents.
Volkswagen is now looking to start its 'India 2.0' project. The German brand will be investing Rs 8,000 crores towards this new project. The 'India 2.0' project will see cars being locally developed specifically for the Indian market and is said to be based on modified MQB A0 platform.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen India Production Milestone
Volkswagen has been manufacturing its products in the Indian market for 10 years now. The German carmaker offers a varied number of products catering to almost every segment in India. The Volkswagen lineup currently consists of the Polo, Polo GT, Ameo, Vento, Passat and the Tiguan.