- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Quick thinking: How Amit Shah’s top men handled Assam during CAA protests
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Volkswagen India seems to have discontinued the Passat sedan in the market. According to reports by IAB, the company has stopped production of the sedan, which will be replaced with the facelift version early next year.
According to the report, Volkswagen dealerships across the country are currently selling off the last remaining models left in their stock. The new Volkswagen Passat facelift once launched in India will come with the updated BS-VI compliant engine.
Currently, the Volkswagen Passat in India is offered in a range of four variants: Comfortline, Comfortline Connect Edition, Highline and Highline Connect Edition. The starting price for the current generation Passat sedan is Rs 26 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The car is offered with a host of features, both external and internal. Some of the external features offered as standard on the Passat include LED headlamps, LED DRLs, cornering lights, LED tail lamps, electric sunroof and 17-inch alloy wheels.
The Volkswagen Passat is also available in a range of five paint schemes: Oryx White, Pyrit Silver, Deep Black, Black Oak Brown, Atlantic Blue and Mangan Grey.
Features available on the interiors of the Volkswagen Passat: Nappa Leather upholstery, analogue clock, three-zone climate control, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electrically-adjustable front seats with massage and memory functions, hands-free parking and adaptive chassis control; among a host of others.
The current Volkswagen Passat is powered by a BS-IV compliant 2.0-litre TDi diesel engine producing 175bhp at 3600rpm and 350Nm of torque at 1500rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard DSG automatic transmission. The engine claims to produce a healthy fuel efficiency figure of 17.42km/l (ARAI-certified).
The 2020 Volkswagen Passat facelift is expected to feature the same engine as the current model. However, the diesel unit will be updated to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. The 2.0-litre engine also powers the Volkswagen Tiguan SUV, hence we can expect the German car brand to update that model as well.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Passat Discontinuation In India
The Volkswagen Passat is one of the flagship models for the brand in the Indian market. The Passat does offer a host of features and equipment while offering a very stylish design. The discontinuation of the current Passat sedan indicates that the facelift version will be introduced very soon. However, we will have to wait for further confirmation on the same.