- 9 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 11 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 12 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
German carmaker Volkswagen has revealed the ID Roomzz concept ahead of the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The ID Roomzz is the largest member of Volkswagen's electric ID family and will go into production in 2021 in China.
The Volkswagen ID Roomzz is powered by two electric motors that have a combine output of 302bhp which is sent to all four wheels via Volkswagen's electric 4Motion all-wheel-drive system. This allows the seven seater ID Roomzz to sprint from 0–100km/h in just 6.6 seconds and onwards to an electronically limited top speed of 180km/h.
The motors are fed by a 82-kWh battery pack that allows for a range of up to 450 kilometres by Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) standards or 475 kilometres in China. The battery pack of the Volkseagen ID Roomzz concept can recharge up to 80 percent of its capacity in just around 30 minuts thanks to a 150kW DC fast charger.
In terms of design, the ID Roomzz features a very clean look with LED lights coverng the width of the 7-seater SUV at the front and the rear. The sides if the VW ID Roomzz concept features sliding doors which sport illuminated door handles. Also seen are some rather large sized alloy wheels.
Inside, the Volkswagen ID Roomzz continues with the clean design. The steering wheel features a 5.8-inch display. The level 4 autonomous function of the electric SUV concept can be engaged by touching the VW logo on the steering for a few seconds after which the wheel retracts into the dashboard.
The VW ID Roomzz concept also features a head up display which using augmented reality sends navigation cues to the driver by superimposing the directions into the field of view of the person behind the wheel. The upholstery is also new with VW using a trademarked material it calls AppleSkin for the seat covers while the door panels feature wood veneers.
The Volkswagen ID Roomzz concept is based on the carmaker's electric vehicle only MEB platform. The ID Roomzz is the largest car to be built on the platform and is longer than the largest SUV that VW has on sale today. The ID Roomzz is 4,915mm long which is 114mm longer than Volkswagen flagship Touareg SUV which can be bought by prospective owners right now.