- 7 min ago Lotus Unveils 1973bhp Evija Electric Hypercar - Time Travel Is Almost Here
- 39 min ago Harley-Davidson Livewire In India? — Listed On Official Indian Website
- 1 hr ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 3 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- Sports MS Dhoni's parents want him to retire from international cricket, reveals childhood coach Keshav Banerjee
- News Women rescued from prostitution to stay at correction home; HC's firm NO to grant custody to kin
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
- Lifestyle Cysts: Causes, Types, Symptoms & Treatment
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Signature Edition With Gold And Diamond Launched In India For Rs. 4,80,000
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
German carmaker Volkswagen has revealed the ID Roomzz concept ahead of the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The ID Roomzz is the largest member of Volkswagen's electric ID family and will go into production in 2021 in China.
The Volkswagen ID Roomzz is powered by two electric motors that have a combine output of 302bhp which is sent to all four wheels via Volkswagen's electric 4Motion all-wheel-drive system. This allows the seven seater ID Roomzz to sprint from 0–100km/h in just 6.6 seconds and onwards to an electronically limited top speed of 180km/h.
The motors are fed by a 82-kWh battery pack that allows for a range of up to 450 kilometres by Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) standards or 475 kilometres in China. The battery pack of the Volkseagen ID Roomzz concept can recharge up to 80 percent of its capacity in just around 30 minuts thanks to a 150kW DC fast charger.
In terms of design, the ID Roomzz features a very clean look with LED lights coverng the width of the 7-seater SUV at the front and the rear. The sides if the VW ID Roomzz concept features sliding doors which sport illuminated door handles. Also seen are some rather large sized alloy wheels.
Inside, the Volkswagen ID Roomzz continues with the clean design. The steering wheel features a 5.8-inch display. The level 4 autonomous function of the electric SUV concept can be engaged by touching the VW logo on the steering for a few seconds after which the wheel retracts into the dashboard.
The VW ID Roomzz concept also features a head up display which using augmented reality sends navigation cues to the driver by superimposing the directions into the field of view of the person behind the wheel. The upholstery is also new with VW using a trademarked material it calls AppleSkin for the seat covers while the door panels feature wood veneers.
The Volkswagen ID Roomzz concept is based on the carmaker's electric vehicle only MEB platform. The ID Roomzz is the largest car to be built on the platform and is longer than the largest SUV that VW has on sale today. The ID Roomzz is 4,915mm long which is 114mm longer than Volkswagen flagship Touareg SUV which can be bought by prospective owners right now.