- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- News Out on bail, Bulandshahr violence accused gets hero welcome
- Sports PKL 2019: Hosts Dabang Delhi clinched comfortable win over UP Yoddha
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
German carmaker Volkswagen has revealed the Atlas Basecamp Concept SUV ahead of its debut at the 2019 New York Auto Show later this month. The Atlas Basecamp Concept is based on VW's Atlas SUV which is the largest vehicle produced on the carmaker's MQB platform and was introduced in 2018. The Atlas is sold as the Terramont in countries like China and Russia.
The new Volkswagen Basecamp Concept features quite a few custom touches to make it stand out from its regular siblings. These changes include a custom body, lift kit, custom wheels, all-terrain tyres, a roof rack with bike mounts, and LED light bars.
The Atlas Basecamp Concept is based on the SEL variant of the SUV and is painted Platinum Gray and Black Uni with a matte finish and orange accents. The Basecamp concept retains the 3.6-litre VR6 engine of the Atlas SEL which send 276bhp to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic gearbox and VW's 4Motion all-wheel drive setup.
The Atlas Basecamp concept from Volkswagen features a custom lift kit from H&R with coil over springs that raise the SUV up by 1.5-inches (38.1mm). The custom body kit of the Altlas Basecamp is from a company by the name of AirDesign and the SUV also sports a Front Runner Slimline II roof rack system with bike holders along with off-road LED light bars on the front and rear.
The Volkswagen Altlas Basecamp Concept sits on a custom set of fifteen52 Traverse MX Concept wheels that also make their debut with the SUV. The fifteen52 concept wheels will go into production later this year and on the Atlas Basecamp come wrapped in 265/70R17 all-terrain tyres.
Hitched to the tow-hook fitted to the back of the Atlas Basecamp Concept is an off-road capable HIVE EX compact expedition trailer. This trailer plays host to a queen-size bed, pullout canopy, and kitchenette, complete with a stove, a sink, and a refrigerator/ freezer combo that can operate on an optional 12-volt battery. Other features on the trailer include a self-contained water tank, propane tank, portable toilet, hot shower, and removable levelling jacks.
The Volkswagen Atlas Basecamp Concept will debut at the 2019 New York Auto Show and will be showcased later in the year at SEMA 2019.