- 2 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Movies 'Janhvi Kapoor’s Got Her Mother’s Talent'; Surekha Sikri Praises Her Ghost Stories Co-Star
- News People in Hyderabad performs "milk bath" to top cop Sajjanar’s portraits
- Sports India vs West Indies: Rohit Sharma's alertness only positive from a dull fielding day at office from Kohli & band
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
The all new Vespa SXZ150 BS-VI was spotted testing in India ahead of its launch. Spy pics taken by BikeDekho reveal a teat model sans camouflage. The soon-to-be-launched SXZ150 BS-VI scooter remains almost identical to the current-generation scooter.
Changes and upgrades to the all new Vespa SXZ150 are fairly subtle. The chrome headlamp surround, the exhaust protector, the fender garnish, and the flat saddle, all look and feel the same. The scooter however, features a semi-digital instrument console that has a different back-light compared to the outgoing model.
Other components, including the suspension set up and the braking systems remain the same as the outgoing model. The new Vespa SXZ150 will be powered by a BS-VI compliant 154.8cc engine that produces 10.4bhp of power and 10.9Nm of torque. The engine also features a fuel-injection system.
Booking for the BS-VI compliant model has already begun at select dealerships across the country. A Pune based dealer has confirmed that bookings can be made for an amount of Rs 5,000. Deliveries are expected begin in April 2020.
The current generation of the Vespa 150 is priced at Rs 1.14 lakh, and we expect that the BS-VI version will be priced at roughly Rs 1.35 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
There is a high possibility that this BS-VI compliant engine will be featured in the Aprilia SR150 as well. Rumor has it that the company will call the new scooter the RS160. While engine displacement values are the same, the new name could be just to differentiate between BS-IV and BS-VI models.
The current generation Aprilia SR150 is priced between Rs 75,000 and Rs 90,000 (ex-showroom, India), and expectations are that the BS-VI models will carry a premium of between Rs 18,000 and Rs 22,000.
Thoughts About The Vespa SXZ150 BS-VI Being Spotted
Spy pics mean that Vespa is almost ready with their new offering, and are fairly close to launching the product. We're surprised that the performance numbers are the same even after the engine upgrade. We wonder if there is any difference in the fuel economy of the new Vespa SXZ150 BS-VI, bearing in mind mileage is the biggest question on the Indian consumers mind.