- 14 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Finance NEFT Transfer From Dec 16 Is 24 Hours A Day, Including Holidays
- News 26/11: A trial in Pakistan that hangs in the balance
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Streaming Rights Acquired By Netflix?
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is gearing up to launch a new premium MPV called the Vellfire in the Indian market. The Vellfire has already been spotted at the dealerships by Customtunerzpro/Instagram.
The Vellfire will be the new flagship MPV model from the company's line-up in India. We had reported earlier, that a couple of units were already dispatched from the factory and started to arrive at dealerships.
The Vellfire MPV spotted was of ‘Executive Lounge' trim. It however, misses out on a touchscreen infotainment system which is an essential component considering the model to be a premium offering from Toyota. We expect the MPV to feature a retro-fitted touchscreen infotainment system from the dealer to keep in line with the premium offerings from the company.
Toyota showcased the Vellfire MPV to the dealers back in July at a closed event held in Bangalore. Toyota aims to take advantage of the new import rules and bring the Vellfire through Completely Built Unit (CBU) route in India.
The new import rules revised by the Indian government will enable auto manufacturers to bring 2500 vehicles every year through CBU or Completely Knocked Down (CKD) route, without the need for homologation.
The Vellfire features a more boxy-design which makes for a roomier cabin. The second row of the MPV features power operated sliding doors as well. The front of the MPV features a unique radiator grille with LED headlamps and DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) placed on either side.
The rear of the MPV features a wrap-around LED tail-lamp setup with a chrome bar running across the boot lid. The roof-line of the MPV ends with a sleek and sporty looking spoiler as well.
The Vellfire shows its worth mainly with a feature-rich, premium and luxurious interiors which includes, powered ventilated and reclinable seats on the first and second row. Other interior features include powered tailgate, dual-sunroof, three-zone automatic climate control, mood lighting, individual tray tables, seven airbags. The interiors of the Vellfire MPV is expected to be offered with two colour options either beige or black interior trim.
The Toyota Vellfire MPV will feature a 2.5-litre petrol-hybrid engine producing 194bhp of power and 206Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a eCVT transmission with power being sent to all four wheels. The petrol-hybrid engine is claimed to return a mileage between 18kmp/l to 19kmp/l, which is astonishing considering the size of the MPV.
Toyota Vellfire models sold on the international markets are available with two more engine options: a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 180bhp and 235Nm of torque, and a higher spec 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine churning out 276bhp and 344Nm of torque. Toyota is yet to confirm if these engines will be made available to the india-spec models.
Thoughts About The Toyota Vellfire India Launch
The MPV when launched will rival against the Mercedes ‘V-Class' MPV. The Vellfire MPV will be placed above the Toyota Innova in the company's line-up. However, the fact that MPV was already spotted at the dealerships indicates the launch will happen in India soon.