- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Toyota Glanza hatchback has been spotted at a Toyota dealership in Bangalore, ahead of its launch. The Toyota Glanza is Toyota's badge-engineered version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. It is expected to be launched on 06 June, 2019. Nearly a month ahead of its launch, Toyota has begun dispatching display vehicles to all its dealerships.
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota entered into a partnership for product sharing and the sharing of technology too. The Glanza is the first product to come out of this product sharing agreement and is Toyota's first badge-engineered product in the Indian market.
The Toyota Glanza is visually very similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno it is based on. The few aesthetic changes it features include a new front grille with an extra dose of chrome that has been styled in the Toyota family design language.
Other changes up front include a slightly redesigned bumper and air dam. The other obvious changes are the Toyota Badging at the front and the rear. The hatchback also comes with premium diamond-cut dual-tone alloy wheels. At the rear is a chrome lip at the bottom of the glass, and that rounds up the changes on the exterior.
The interiors too remain unchanged except for the badging on the steering wheel. It still comes with the same dashboard, the same steering wheel design and the Black-Blue interior theme. Even the infotainment unit is the same 7-inch touchscreen with steering-mounted controls.
The Toyota Glanza is powered by the same 1.2-litre mild-hybrid four-cylinder petrol engine being used in the Baleno. While Maruti Suzuki has the 1.3-litre diesel engine powering the diesel variants of the Baleno, Toyota has subscribed only to petrol power.
Toyota will be offering this engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox just like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. However, the Toyota Glanza will also come with a CVT gearbox option, unlike the Baleno.
Safety has been given utmost priority by Toyota, as always. The hatchback features dual-airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, speed alerts, ISOFIX child seat mounting points and reverse parking sensors as standard equipment. Other features include keyless entry, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers, automatic climate control and start/stop button.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza Spotted At Dealership Ahead Of Launch
The Toyota Glanza certainly seems like a more premium offering when compared to the Maruti Baleno. It remains to be seen if Toyota has tuned the car differently or if the Japanese brand has meddled with the suspension. Toyota has also offered a warranty that is way greater than Maruti Suzuki has been offering on the Baleno. Which one would you go for?