- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Sports Cricket World Cup: India's variety in bowling makes it strong title contender, says Ian Chappell
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Toyota Glanza hatchback has been spotted at a Toyota dealership in Bangalore, ahead of its launch. The Toyota Glanza is Toyota's badge-engineered version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. It is expected to be launched on 06 June, 2019. Nearly a month ahead of its launch, Toyota has begun dispatching display vehicles to all its dealerships.
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota entered into a partnership for product sharing and the sharing of technology too. The Glanza is the first product to come out of this product sharing agreement and is Toyota's first badge-engineered product in the Indian market.
The Toyota Glanza is visually very similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno it is based on. The few aesthetic changes it features include a new front grille with an extra dose of chrome that has been styled in the Toyota family design language.
Other changes up front include a slightly redesigned bumper and air dam. The other obvious changes are the Toyota Badging at the front and the rear. The hatchback also comes with premium diamond-cut dual-tone alloy wheels. At the rear is a chrome lip at the bottom of the glass, and that rounds up the changes on the exterior.
The interiors too remain unchanged except for the badging on the steering wheel. It still comes with the same dashboard, the same steering wheel design and the Black-Blue interior theme. Even the infotainment unit is the same 7-inch touchscreen with steering-mounted controls.
The Toyota Glanza is powered by the same 1.2-litre mild-hybrid four-cylinder petrol engine being used in the Baleno. While Maruti Suzuki has the 1.3-litre diesel engine powering the diesel variants of the Baleno, Toyota has subscribed only to petrol power.
Toyota will be offering this engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox just like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. However, the Toyota Glanza will also come with a CVT gearbox option, unlike the Baleno.
Safety has been given utmost priority by Toyota, as always. The hatchback features dual-airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, speed alerts, ISOFIX child seat mounting points and reverse parking sensors as standard equipment. Other features include keyless entry, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers, automatic climate control and start/stop button.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza Spotted At Dealership Ahead Of Launch
The Toyota Glanza certainly seems like a more premium offering when compared to the Maruti Baleno. It remains to be seen if Toyota has tuned the car differently or if the Japanese brand has meddled with the suspension. Toyota has also offered a warranty that is way greater than Maruti Suzuki has been offering on the Baleno. Which one would you go for?