- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The Toyota Fortuner is a big favourite in the all the Asian markets, and Toyota Astra Motor, Toyota's Indonesian wing has unveiled the all new Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo SUV at the (GIIAS) Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show 2019.
This SUV is not the TRD version of the Sportivo 2 that retails in Thailand, but is an upgraded version of the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo with minor changes made to the older-generation model.
Fransiscus Soerjopranoto, the Executive General Manager at PT Toyota Astra Motor said that the improvements to the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo are made based on the feedback from consumers. The primary want of customers was to make the Fortuner look more aggressive and rugged so that it looks like a vehicle capable of exploring all terrain.
Most of the changes made are to the exteriors, and the all new Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo SUV features upgrades to the bumpers, the fog lamps, the front grille, the bonnet, and the blacked-out alloy wheels.
The New Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo also features a new front under guard with silver accents, and the chrome that once featured on the window trim has been removed to make it look like a black edition.
Another change that features on the new Fortuner TRD Sportivo is a kick sensor placed under the rear bumper, This sensor activates the car's back door power, also called gesture-controlled powered tailgate as we call it.
The powertrain remains the same and the vehicle features a 2.4-litre VRZ A/T diesel engine, and a 2.7-litre SRZ A/T petrol engine that are currently available. The diesel variants feature a 2.4-litre engine that produces 147.5bhp of power and 400 Nm of torque.
The petrol variant features a 2.7-litre four-cylinder dual VVT-I engine that produces 167.5bhp of power and 242Nm of torque. The updated Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo has been priced at 534.6 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs 26.4 Lakh).
The Toyota Fortuner is available in two petrol variants in India. These variants feature 2.7-litre in-line four cylinder engines that produce 164bhp of power and 245Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission, and a six-speed automatic transmission.
There are four diesel variants available with Toyota's Fortuner line up. These SUVs feature 2.8-litre turbocharged engines that produce 174bhp of power and 420Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission, and a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Toyota Fortuner retails between Rs 29.84 lakh and Rs 33.60 Lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo SUV
We're unsure if the Grey paint scheme makes the vehicle look rugged at all. The all new Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo SUV looks more luxurious than aggressive. May be a metallic or a matte finish would have helped.
Either way, it is great to see manufacturers taking feedback and implementing it as far as possible. Auto makers are slowly beginning to listen to customers. This is a fantastic way to initiate customer loyalty.