- 2 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- News Sushil Modi named as BJP candidate for Rajya Sabha by-election in Bihar
- Sports Indian Elite Athletes Avinash Sable, Parul Chaudhary vie for top honours at ADHM 2020
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Remembers The Day She Was Conferred The Padma Shri: Says It Gave Her Family Pride
- Technology Huami Amazfit GTS 2 mini Launch Tipped For December 1
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Toyota is all set to launch a new variant of their flagship SUV, the Fortuner in the Indian market. Called the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo, the SUV is scheduled to go on sale in India from 12th September. The Fortuner TRD Sportivo was recently showcased to dealers at an event in Bangalore, ahead of its expected launch in the market.
The new variant of the Fortuner is designed by the company's in house tuning and development department, called TRD (Toyota Racing Development). The Fortuner TRD Sportivo will be the new top-of-the-line variant in the company's line-up.
The Fortuner TRD Variant will feature a couple of changes on the exteriors, to make it look sporty. This includes, revised bumpers at the front and back, a new front grille and faux skid plates at either ends as well.
Other changes include, a dual tone paint finish, TRD badging up front and at the rear and a set of 18-inch alloy wheels, adding to the rugged SUV looks.
Interiors of the new SUV variant, will feature ‘TRD' badges on the seats and the instrument panel. The cabin will also feature a dual-tone finish with a Black and Maroon colour theme. The seats will be finished in leather with contrasting red stitching all around; following the TRD design language. The door panels trims will be finished in red as well.
Other features in the cabin include, 8-way adjustable seats, a 11-speaker audio system by JBL, carbon-kevlar trim on the gear knob and steering wheel, a red engine start-stop button with TRD branding, rear-view camera and power tailgate; among others.
The Fortuner TRD Sportivo will be powered by the same engine as seen on other standard SUV variants. This comes in the form of a 2.8-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 174bhp and 450Nm of torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. The india-spec Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo misses out on a manual gearbox and 4X4 options.
The Fortuner TRD Sportivo variant features a TRD rated suspension, and bigger disc brakes, on the international model to enhance the performance of the SUV. We are unsure if these mechanical changes will make its way to the India-spec model.
The new variant of the SUV will be based on the current top-of-the-line model which is priced at 31.7 lakhs, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the new Fortuner TRD Sportivo to be priced slightly higher at around 33 lakhs, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The New Fortuner TRD Sportivo Launch
The TRD version of various Toyota models are showcased as the rugged and performance oriented variants of the standard products offered by the company. The TRD variants are designed and developed by Toyota Racing Development division of the company, and releasing with only cosmetic changes is a bit unfair.