- 20 hrs ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- 23 hrs ago Most Searched Cars In India 2019: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Becomes Google’s Top Trending Car In India
- 1 day ago Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Finance Brokers Seek STT Rate Cut, DDT Withdrawal & LTCG Tax Exemption From Budget 2020
- News Laws are being passed that are unconstitutional: Priyanaka at Bharat Bachao Rally
- Movies Rangasthalam Continues To Be The Favourite Of The Mini-screen Audiences!
- Technology Mystery Oppo Smartphone With 6.5-Inch Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Shows Up On TENNA
- Lifestyle Man Born Deaf Adopts Deaf Puppy And Teaches Him Sign Language
- Sports WWE TLC 2019 match card, preview and predictions
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Toyota is all set to launch a new variant of their flagship SUV, the Fortuner in the Indian market. Called the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo, the SUV is scheduled to go on sale in India from 12th September. The Fortuner TRD Sportivo was recently showcased to dealers at an event in Bangalore, ahead of its expected launch in the market.
The new variant of the Fortuner is designed by the company's in house tuning and development department, called TRD (Toyota Racing Development). The Fortuner TRD Sportivo will be the new top-of-the-line variant in the company's line-up.
The Fortuner TRD Variant will feature a couple of changes on the exteriors, to make it look sporty. This includes, revised bumpers at the front and back, a new front grille and faux skid plates at either ends as well.
Other changes include, a dual tone paint finish, TRD badging up front and at the rear and a set of 18-inch alloy wheels, adding to the rugged SUV looks.
Interiors of the new SUV variant, will feature ‘TRD' badges on the seats and the instrument panel. The cabin will also feature a dual-tone finish with a Black and Maroon colour theme. The seats will be finished in leather with contrasting red stitching all around; following the TRD design language. The door panels trims will be finished in red as well.
Other features in the cabin include, 8-way adjustable seats, a 11-speaker audio system by JBL, carbon-kevlar trim on the gear knob and steering wheel, a red engine start-stop button with TRD branding, rear-view camera and power tailgate; among others.
The Fortuner TRD Sportivo will be powered by the same engine as seen on other standard SUV variants. This comes in the form of a 2.8-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 174bhp and 450Nm of torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. The india-spec Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo misses out on a manual gearbox and 4X4 options.
The Fortuner TRD Sportivo variant features a TRD rated suspension, and bigger disc brakes, on the international model to enhance the performance of the SUV. We are unsure if these mechanical changes will make its way to the India-spec model.
The new variant of the SUV will be based on the current top-of-the-line model which is priced at 31.7 lakhs, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the new Fortuner TRD Sportivo to be priced slightly higher at around 33 lakhs, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The New Fortuner TRD Sportivo Launch
The TRD version of various Toyota models are showcased as the rugged and performance oriented variants of the standard products offered by the company. The TRD variants are designed and developed by Toyota Racing Development division of the company, and releasing with only cosmetic changes is a bit unfair.