- 3 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 2 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestants List: Sharmila Mandre Kuri Prathap & VJ Agni To Appear On The Show!
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Technology Chandrayaan 2 Vikram Landing Site Pictures Captured By NASA Orbiter; Time To Say Bye?
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Finance Eicher Motors Shares Jump 24%; Best Intraday Gain In 20 Years
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Toyota is all set to launch a new variant of their flagship SUV, the Fortuner in the Indian market. Called the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo, the SUV is scheduled to go on sale in India from 12th September. The Fortuner TRD Sportivo was recently showcased to dealers at an event in Bangalore, ahead of its expected launch in the market.
The new variant of the Fortuner is designed by the company's in house tuning and development department, called TRD (Toyota Racing Development). The Fortuner TRD Sportivo will be the new top-of-the-line variant in the company's line-up.
The Fortuner TRD Variant will feature a couple of changes on the exteriors, to make it look sporty. This includes, revised bumpers at the front and back, a new front grille and faux skid plates at either ends as well.
Other changes include, a dual tone paint finish, TRD badging up front and at the rear and a set of 18-inch alloy wheels, adding to the rugged SUV looks.
Interiors of the new SUV variant, will feature ‘TRD' badges on the seats and the instrument panel. The cabin will also feature a dual-tone finish with a Black and Maroon colour theme. The seats will be finished in leather with contrasting red stitching all around; following the TRD design language. The door panels trims will be finished in red as well.
Other features in the cabin include, 8-way adjustable seats, a 11-speaker audio system by JBL, carbon-kevlar trim on the gear knob and steering wheel, a red engine start-stop button with TRD branding, rear-view camera and power tailgate; among others.
The Fortuner TRD Sportivo will be powered by the same engine as seen on other standard SUV variants. This comes in the form of a 2.8-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 174bhp and 450Nm of torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. The india-spec Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo misses out on a manual gearbox and 4X4 options.
The Fortuner TRD Sportivo variant features a TRD rated suspension, and bigger disc brakes, on the international model to enhance the performance of the SUV. We are unsure if these mechanical changes will make its way to the India-spec model.
The new variant of the SUV will be based on the current top-of-the-line model which is priced at 31.7 lakhs, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect the new Fortuner TRD Sportivo to be priced slightly higher at around 33 lakhs, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The New Fortuner TRD Sportivo Launch
The TRD version of various Toyota models are showcased as the rugged and performance oriented variants of the standard products offered by the company. The TRD variants are designed and developed by Toyota Racing Development division of the company, and releasing with only cosmetic changes is a bit unfair.