- 7 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 42 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Sports Ajay Jayaram, Shubhankar Dey out of SaarLorLux Open; in isolation amid COVID scare
- Lifestyle Recipe For Oil-Free Le Garden Protein Power Salad
- News Cabinet approves mechanism for procurement of ethanol
- Finance IDBI Bank To Raise Upto Rs 6,000 Crore From Institutional Investors
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
The list of top-selling MPVs in India for August 2019 has been released. The list of the top-10 best-selling MPVs in India showcases the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga top the list with the highest sales for the month of August 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga registered a massive growth of 139% in the Indian market. The company recorded 8,391 units of sales in August 2019 compared to just 3,515 units in August 2018.
The increase in sales for the Ertiga MPV is mainly due to the launch of the second-generation model.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga was launched in the Indian market, late last year and is offered with a host of changes over the previous model. The new Ertiga also comes with a more premium and upmarket feel as well, making it a more attractive offering.
The second on the list is the popular Toyota Innova Crysta, which recorded 4,796 units of sales in August 2019. The company registered a decline of 29% compared to the same month in 2018.
The Toyota Innova Crysta is one of the best-selling products from the Japanese brands in the Indian market; on sale for over 10 years in the country.
The Mahindra Bolero is the third best-selling MUV in the list. The Bolero is a rugged work-horse model from the Indian car manufacturer.
The Mahindra Bolero has been on sale in the Indian market for a long time and helps bring in consistent sales to the company. August 2019 saw the Mahindra Bolero register 3,993 units of sales; a 34% drop from the previous year.
The Renault Triber and the Maruti Suzuki XL6 complete the top-five positions in the list. Both the Renault Triber and the Maruti Suzuki XL6 are brand new models in the Indian car market.
The Renault Triber recorded 2,490 units of sales last month to secure the fourth position in the list. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 followed closely with 2,356 units of sales coming in fifth on the list.
|1||Maruti Suzuki Ertiga||8,391|
|2||Toyota Innova Crysta||4,796|
|5||Maruti Suzuki XL6||2,356|
The bottom five on the list consist of the Mahindra Marazzo, Mahindra Xylo, Honda BR-V, Datsun GO+ and the Tata Hexa. All the bottom five MPVs offerings have managed just triple-digit sales in August 2019.
The Mahindra Marazzo registered 697 units; Xylo recorded 356 units and the Honda BR-V came in at eighth with 175 units. The bottom two MPVs, Datsun GO+ and the Tata Hexa registered 169 and 136 units, respectively to complete the top-10.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019
The list of top-selling MPVs in India for August 2019 showcases the Maruti Suzuki leading the way in sales by a good margin. The Toyota Innova Crysta continues to remain second, although it still has a lot of catching up to do. However, the more important change is the presence of the Renault Triber and the Maruti XL6 (a premium 6-seater MPV based on the Ertiga) in the top-five.