- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 9 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
The list of top-selling hatchbacks in India in August 2019 has been released. The top-10 best-selling hatchback list showcased Maruti Suzuki occupying the top-4 slots, with Hyundai, Tata Motors and Toyota also in the list.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has become the country's best selling hatchback for the month of August 2019. The company sold 12,444 units of the hatchback in the Indian market, overtaking the likes of the WagonR and the Alto, which have witnessed a drop in sales.
|1||Maruti Suzuki Swift||12,444|
|2||Maruti Suzuki WagonR||11,402|
|3||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||11,067|
|4||Maruti Suzuki Alto||10,123|
|5||Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS||9,403|
|6||Hyundai Elite i20||7,071|
|7||Maruti Suzuki Celerio||4,765|
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR comes in second place on the top-10 list. The model which received a major facelift earlier this year, recorded sales of up to 11,402 units last month. Maruti Suzuki currently seems to be testing a new variant of the WagonR in India, with spy pics of the camouflaged hatchback being leaked online recently.
Finishing off the top-3 in the list is Maruti Suzuki premium hatchback, the Baleno. Sold through the brand's Nexa dealerships, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno recorded sales of 11,067 units in August 2019.
The Maruti Baleno will soon have competition from the Tata Altroz — the brand's first premium hatchback offering in the country.
The middle part of the top-10 table is occupied by the Maruti Suzuki Alto, Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, Hyundai Elite i20 and Maruti Suzuki Celerio. The Maruti Alto witnessed a significant drop in sales in the month of August 2019, registering 10,123 units of sales.
Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is the latest entrant in the Indian hatchback segment. The car has within its first month of sales has registered 9,403 units. This makes it the best-selling Hyundai model in India, overtaking the likes of the Elite i20 and the Venue SUV.
The Hyundai Elite i20 is placed below the NIOS in the best-selling hatchback list. The premium hatchback offering from the Korean carmaker recorded 7,071 units in the Indian market last month.
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio comes in seventh on the list with 4,765 units of sales. The bottom three in the top-10 best-selling hatchback list consists of the Hyundai Santro with 3,288 units of sales; Tata Tiago with 3,037 units and the Toyota Glanza with 2,322 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Hatchbacks In India For August 2019
The Maruti Suzuki is currently the best-selling hatchback in the Indian market. This is closely followed by the WagonR and Baleno offerings. Maruti Suzuki is currently facing its worst period yet in India, in terms of sales.
The company registered an overall decline of over 30 per cent in the month of August 2019. However, with the festive season upon us, it will be interesting to see how the market fluctuates in the coming months.