- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News PM Modi’s tweet on Lok Sabha polls victory crowned ‘Golden Tweet’ of 2019
- Sports South Asian Games: Vikas Krishan & Pinki Rani win gold as India finish boxing campaign with 16 medals
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reportedly Walks Out Of Awards Show After Organizers Break Promise On Award
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Finance Bank Of Baroda Lowers Lending Rate By 20bps
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The list of top-selling cars in India for the month of September 2019 has been released. The top-selling cars list showcases the Maruti Suzuki Dzire compact-sedan retaining the top position with the highest registered sales in the previous month.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire has retained the top position as the best-selling car in India for the second month in a row. The Dzire compact-sedan registered 15,662 units of sales in the Indian market in the month of September 2019. This is a month-on-month improvement from August 2019 when it recorded around 13,000 units of sales.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is the second on the list for September 2019. The Maruti Alto, which includes both the 800cc and 1.0-litre variant registered 15,079 units of sales last month. The Alto has moved up in position compared to its August sales. The entry-level hatchback registered 10,123 units of sales in August 2019 and was positioned in fifth.
Following the Maruti Suzuki Alto, is the Swift hatchback. The Maruti Swift registered 12,934 units of sales in the previous month, positioning it in third on the list of top-10. The Maruti Swift is currently in its third-generation version, which launched last year at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR and the Baleno close the top-five slots in the list. The WagonR is one of the most popular hatchback offerings in the Indian market, bringing in consistent sales month-on-month. The Maruti Suzuki WagonR in September registered 11,757 units. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno follows closely behind with 11,420 units in the same period.
The Baleno is currently the best-selling premium hatchback in the market. It offers a host of premium features and equipment; sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships.
|7||Hyundai Elite i20||10,141|
|9||Hyundai Grand i10||9,358|
Ranked sixth on the top-10 list is the Maruti Vitara Brezza compact-SUV. The Vitara Brezza which lost out on sales to the Hyundai Venue for the last couple of months is back on top.
The Vitara Brezza registered a significant month-on-month growth in the Indian market registering 10,362 units of sales. This has allowed the SUV to move up from 10th position in August to sixth last month.
Below, the Vitara Brezza is the Hyundai Elite i20. The premium hatchback missed out on the top-10 list last month, after a heavy decline in sales.
However, the car is back on the list after registering 10,141 units of sales in the month of September 2019. The Elite i20 has been one of the best-selling models for the Korean brand in the Indian market.
Eighth on the list is the Maruti Eeco MPV. The Maruti Eeco is one of the most popular budget people movers on offer from the brand in the Indian market. The company registered 9.949 units of sale in the previous month, placing it below the Elite i20 on the list.
The bottom two cars on the list are from Hyundai. This includes the recently launched Grand i10 NIOS and the Venue compact-SUV. The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS registered 9,358 units of sales last month, while the Venue sold 7,942 units.
What is surprising, however, is the absence of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga on the list of top-10 cars. The MPV has been one of the best-selling models in the segment and was consistently featured on the best-selling car list.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For September 2019
The top-selling car list for the month of September 2019 sees a number of changes. However, the most significant changes come in the form of the Vitara Brezza sales and the Ertiga MPV sales. Maruti Suzuki dominates the list consistently every month, however, Hyundai is closely following behind.