- 29 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 52: Tamil Thalaivas Vs Jaipur Pink Panthers: Dream 11 Predictions, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The list for the top-selling cars in India during the month of July 2019 has been released. As seen from the table below, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R tops the list. Maruti Suzuki even with the declining sales have still managed to occupy 7 of the top-10 slots, with Hyundai filling the remaining three positions.
Here is the list of top-selling cars in India for the month of July 2019, based on their sales performance:
Maruti Suzuki have been facing their worst sales decline in the Indian market. Most of the models from the brand have declined in sales month-on-month. However, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has managed to record a growth in monthly sales with 15,062 units in July 2019; compared to June 2019 where it was positioned fifth with 10,288 units of sales.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire comes in second with 12,293 units of sales while its hatchback sibling, the Swift is close behind in 3rd with 12,677 units of sales in the previous month. Both these models have recorded a drop in monthly sales. In June 2019, the Dzire recorded 14,868 units while the Swift recorded 16,330 units of sales.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto, which has been consistently at the top of the ranking in the past months has dropped to fourth position on the list. The sales of the Alto have taken a hit, recording just 11,577 units in July 2019 compared to over 18,000 units in June 2019.
The Hyundai Venue has now become the best-selling SUV in India. The compact-SUV recorded 9,585 units of sales, occupying the seventh position on the list. A surprise, however, came in the form of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza (main rival to the Hyundai Venue), which has been been displaced from the top-10 entirely.
The eighth position on the list is another Maruti Suzuki offering, the Ertiga. The MPV recorded 9,222 units in the month of July 2019; replacing the Vitara Brezza.
The bottom two slots are occupied by Hyundai with their Elite i20 and Creta offerings. The Hyundai Elite i20 comes in at ninth with 9.012 units of sales registered, while the Creta completes the top-10 with 6,585 units.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For July 2019
Maruti Suzuki still continues to dominate the sales chart, even though it is going through its worst ever sales decline till date. However, Hyundai although facing a decline in sales have been able to take advantage of the situation, especially due to the launch of the Venue SUV in the Indian market.