- 14 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu mocks exit polls, says most have gone wrong since 1999
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Movies Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shines Bright In A Metallic Yellow Gown On The Red Carpet!
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi Ups Her Cannes 2019 Fashion Closet With A Statement Floral Jumpsuit
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tesla unveiled their all-new Model Y SUV recently at California, USA. The mid-size electric SUV was unveiled by Elon Musk and will be the most-affordable electric-SUVs from the American EV carmaker.
The two variants include a lower-range and high-range trim. The low-range trim of the Tesla Model Y claims to offer a range of 230 miles (370km) on a single charge. It will be offered with a base price of $39,000 (approximately Rs 26.89 lakh), exclusive of taxes.
The higher-range model, on the other hand, will be priced at a more premium price point, between $ 47,000 to $60,000. It will also come with a better battery-pack, offering more range on a single charge. The premium Model Y will, however, be the first to go on sale in international markets, with a launch expected in 2020. It will be followed up with the lower-range variant at a later stage, with an expected launch in 2021.
The Tesla Model Y will be based on the Model X, which is currently the most affordable car in the brand's lineup. The Model Y will, however, miss out on the falcon doors seen on the Model X; replacing them with conventional doors.
According to a tweet by Elon Musk, a few days prior to the Model Y unveil, he stated that the new SUV will come with overall dimensions which are 10 per cent larger than the Model 3. To give a rough idea, the Tesla Model 3 measures 4,690mm in length, 1,930mm in width and 1,440mm in height. The Model 3 also comes with a wheelbase of 2,880mm.
Tesla is said to make use of the same battery packs as on its sedan counterpart (the Model 3). Hence, due to its larger dimensions, it will offer slightly less range than the sedan model. The Tesla Model 3 is offered with a range of three battery packs - 50, 62 and 75kWh.
Tesla has stated that they expect the Model Y to sell more units than the Model 3 and Model X combined. Production of the Tesla Model Y is scheduled to begin from next year, with manufacturing to take place in the company's Gigafactory in Nevada, Texas, USA.
Thoughts On The Tesla Model Y
The new Tesla Model Y will be the most affordable product from the brand, once launched in the international market. It will be offered with most of the features expected from Tesla, including the autonomous driving technology and a host of other safety and infotainment equipments.