- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 4 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News TMC's on statue-building spree to counter BJP's Hindutva agenda
- Movies Arjun Reddy's Shalini Pandey Is Ranveer Singh’s Heroine In YRF’s Jayeshbhai Jordaar!
- Lifestyle You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- Sports Rumour Has It: Everton to open talks with Arsenal-linked Ancelotti
- Technology Vodafone Idea Plans To Sell Optic Fiber Arm, Navi Mumbai Data Centre: Report
- Finance PC Jeweller Shares Sink 9% After Care Ratings Downgrades Its FD To CARE D FD
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Tata Motors has started delivering its Tigor electric vehicle to private buyers across the country. The company just made its first delivery to a customer at Mumbai. The model delivered is the Tigor XT+ which is the top-of-the-line trim, and is available for Rs 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
According to Cartoq, Tata's Tigor electric vehicle retains the dimensions of the Tigor internal combustion engine loaded cars. The length, width, height and wheelbase measure in at 3,992mm, 1,677mm, 1,537mm, and 2,450 mm respectively. In addition, the Tigor electric weighs in at 1,126 kilograms, making it as heavy as the diesel powered version.
The Tata Tigor electric features a 21.5KWH battery that powers a motor that produces 40bhp of power and 105Nm of torque. Almost all the torque is available at the get go, and the vehicle comes mated to a single-speed automatic unit, making for a fairly seamless drive.
The Tigor EV arrives with two charging options - a regular charger that take up to 12 hours to fully charge the battery, and a fast charger that juices the battery up to 80 percent in two hours. The battery on the Tigor EV comes with a three-year/ 1.25 lakh kilometer warranty.
Tata has limited the top speed of the Tigor EV to 80kmph in order to get the maximum mileage or range from the vehicle. The electric vehicle features a boosted battery range of 213 kilometers which make it an ideal vehicle for city use.
The Tata Tigor EV an infotainment system with eight speakers, a 5.0-inch touchscreen, turn-by-turn navigation, music sharing, rear parking assist, and a lot of storage and cubby spaces. Safety features on the Tigor EV include ABS with EBD, cornering stability control, and an absorbing body structure.
The Tata Tigor EV is currently priced between Rs 9.44 lakh and Rs 12.59 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The prices vary from city to city. To know how much the Tigor EV cost, please connect with a dealer in your city.
Thoughts About Tata Starting Deliveries For Private Buyers Of The Tigor EV
Congratulations to the first customer. We're happy that Tata has started deliveries of the Tigor EV for private buyers. The company has priced the electric vehicle very aggressively, and we expect the model to lead the segment for some time to come.