- 59 min ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 1 hr ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Sports PKL 2019: Haryana Steelers notch up a fighting victory over U Mumba
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors launched the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP in October 2018. These two models were the first products from its partnership with Coimbatore-based Jayem Automotives. Now, these two cars are being prepared for a minor feature update.
Sources at Autocar India have confirmed that the refreshed JTP models will be introduced in the Indian market around mid-August this year. The very first update that the Tiago and Tigor JTPs will be getting is a larger 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (currently available 5.0-inch unit) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
Moreover, the cars will be gitting electrically adjustable wing mirrors with the power-folding function on both the models. Along with that, there will be automatic climate control on offer with the hatchback as it is standard on the Tigor JTP.
There will be no alteration done to the exterior part of both the models. The projector headlamp units, side skirts, a roof-mounted spoiler, diamond-cut alloy wheels, dual paint shade and custom seat upholstery will be offered as standard.
As far as the safety of the models is concerned, there will be dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, high-speed alert system and seatbelt reminder for the driver and as well as the front passenger.
Mechanically also, there will be no change done to both the models. The Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP will continue to draw power from the same 1.2-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. The engine is capable of producing 113bhp of power and 150Nm of peak torque. Both the engines will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
As far as the pricing is concerned, Tata has priced the Tiago JTP at Rs 6.39 lakh and the Tigor JTP is priced at Rs 7.49 lakh. both the prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). However, we are expecting to see a slight increase in the price figures because of the small updates which Tata has made to the hoots.
Thoughts On The Tiago JTP And The Tigor JTP
These are the most affordable entry-level performance twins from Tata's portfolio. Both the Tigor and the Tiago JTPs are good looking cars that not only offers performance by comfort too. And with these minor updates, Tata has just taken the segment a notch higher.