- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Price Increase Announced Across Variants: Here Is The New List
- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 16 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- Movies Natkhat Short Film Review: Vidya Balan Reveals How Poisonous Patriarchy Can Be
- Finance Crude Oil Prices Surge To Near 3-Month High On Output Cut Expectations
- News Be prepared for something big when Trump visits: Hussain had told Umar month before Delhi riots
- Sports Virat Kohli should not be sledged, it gives him Oxygen: Dean Jones
- Technology Oppo Reno4 Official Renders Leak In Red And Blue Colors
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor, Malaika Arora And Alia Bhatt In Neon Gown, Whose Gown Will You Pick For Summer Event?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors launched the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP in October 2018. These two models were the first products from its partnership with Coimbatore-based Jayem Automotives. Now, these two cars are being prepared for a minor feature update.
Sources at Autocar India have confirmed that the refreshed JTP models will be introduced in the Indian market around mid-August this year. The very first update that the Tiago and Tigor JTPs will be getting is a larger 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (currently available 5.0-inch unit) with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
Moreover, the cars will be gitting electrically adjustable wing mirrors with the power-folding function on both the models. Along with that, there will be automatic climate control on offer with the hatchback as it is standard on the Tigor JTP.
There will be no alteration done to the exterior part of both the models. The projector headlamp units, side skirts, a roof-mounted spoiler, diamond-cut alloy wheels, dual paint shade and custom seat upholstery will be offered as standard.
As far as the safety of the models is concerned, there will be dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, high-speed alert system and seatbelt reminder for the driver and as well as the front passenger.
Mechanically also, there will be no change done to both the models. The Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP will continue to draw power from the same 1.2-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. The engine is capable of producing 113bhp of power and 150Nm of peak torque. Both the engines will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
As far as the pricing is concerned, Tata has priced the Tiago JTP at Rs 6.39 lakh and the Tigor JTP is priced at Rs 7.49 lakh. both the prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). However, we are expecting to see a slight increase in the price figures because of the small updates which Tata has made to the hoots.
Thoughts On The Tiago JTP And The Tigor JTP
These are the most affordable entry-level performance twins from Tata's portfolio. Both the Tigor and the Tiago JTPs are good looking cars that not only offers performance by comfort too. And with these minor updates, Tata has just taken the segment a notch higher.