- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 16 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 17 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Finance Rupee Opens Tad Lower At 71.19
- Sports Former Olympic champion Li Xuerui quits international badminton
- News Pehlu Khan lynching case: Rajasthan govt moves HC against acquittals of 6 accused
- Movies Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 16: Pretty Respectable
- Technology Xiaomi Sees 30-40% Growth In Offline Sales: Report
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Lifestyle 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
Tata Motors has launched the Tigor with an AMT transmission. The new Tata Tigor AMT is available on two variants: XMA and XZA Plus. The two variants on the Tigor are offered with a starting price of Rs 6.39 lakh and Rs 7.24 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
There are no other mechanical changes to the vehicle and it continues to feature the 1.2 liter-3 cylinder REVOTRON naturally aspirated petrol engine that is also seen on the Tata Tiago AMT.
When asked about the addition of an automatic variant for the Tigor, Mr. S N Barman, Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Customer Support, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "In a constant effort to maintain our growth momentum, we continuously introduce advanced technologies in our products, fill white spaces and offer exciting product interventions to meet the growing aspirations of our customers."
"This strategy also includes continuously expanding and strengthening our automatic portfolio. We are confident that our customers will appreciate the perfect combination of practicality and convenience these new additions have to offer," he added.
The Tigor AMT's XMA and XZA Plus trims are said to be big on safety, and will feature twin airbags, reverse parking sensors, speed alerts, seat belt reminders and ABS with EBD as standard. Creature comforts include a Harman tuned music system with Bluetooth connectivity, a fold-able rear armrest with cup holders, and 24 utility spaces for storage. Anti-Stall and Crawl functions for the AMT gearbox will be offered on both trims.
The top end XZA Plus trim will feature a 17.78 cm (7 inch) touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, will feature an 8 speaker sound system by Harman, 15 inch diamond cut alloy wheels and auto-fold wing mirrors with integrated LED as additional features.
The Tata Tigor is also available with a 1.1 liter-3 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that produces 70bhp of power and 140Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Tata says they will not offer an automatic variant with the diesel engine. What they have instead, is a high performance trim called the Tigor JTP. This car is powered by the 1.2 liter REVOTRON turbo petrol engine, and produces 114bhp of power and 150Nm of torque. The Tigor JTP is priced at Rs. 7.49 lakhs, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Tata Tigor Automatic
Good move by Tata. We think automatics are the way to go in any country that has high-density, bumper to bumper traffic. How we wish all manufacturers move to automatics, with manual transmissions as an optional.