- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 19 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Among the most popular sub-4 meter SUVs in India, is the Tata Nexon. What made it a best seller was the spacious cabin, unconventional styling and of course, powerful engines. Rumor was that Tata Motors was working on a hybrid power-train for the Nexon, and talks about an electric variant quickly followed. We now think the rumor might be true.
A picture doing the rounds on the internet suggest that the new-looking Nexon may be the electric variant. Some suggest that this could be the hybrid variant simply because Tata Motors has been working on, and developing the hybrid power-train for some time now. However the picture doing the rounds is blurred (of course!) so we guess we can neither confirm nor deny which one of the variants it is.
The vehicle in question looks identical to the Tata Nexon. The missing radiator (appears to be) and the hollow space (we think) suggest that this could be an electric variant. Tata already has EV technology present in the Tigor EV. On the other hand, our argument for this being a hybrid variant is this - Tata's European Technical Centre was working on two 48-volt systems for a mild hybrid. The Tata Altroz features a mild hybrid system, so there is a chance that this is the Nexon Hybrid.
The Geneva Motor Show saw Tata showcase the Altroz EV. The Altroz EV is powered by a Permanent Magnet AC motor and will feature a single-speed gearbox. The battery supports fast charge and can be juiced to 80 per cent in sixty minutes. The estimated range on the of the Altroz EV is between 250 kilometers and 300 kilometers. Tata Motors is working towards higher range capable vehicles. Also in the making is Connected Vehicle Solution Platform which will be an integral part of their EV range.
Tata also confirmed an electric variant of the H2X was in the works. Assuming that the Tata Nexon featured here is an electric, then Tata Motors will have 5 Electric Vehicles in it's portfolio - the Tiago EV, the Tigor EV, the H2X EV, the Altroz EV, and the Nexon EV. The entire portfolio will be under the Rs 15 lakh mark, making them excellent options for Tata customers.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon Hybrid And Tata Nexon EV
With the FAME II scheme gaining popularity, almost all manufacturers are heading the hybrid, or the full-electric way. We find it awesome that each manufacturer is giving or thinking of giving us more options to choose from.