- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Jennifer Winget: Her Top Five Western Fashion Looks That Wowed Us
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Technology BSNL Offering Four 4 Months Free Services To Its Broadband Customers: How To Avail
- Movies Rishi Kapoor's One Month Death Anniversary: Neetu Kapoor Pens Heartfelt Poem; Riddhima Pays Tribute
- News Analyse each COVID-19 death says MP CM
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
India based vehicle manufacturer Tata Motors has been proactively listening to customers and doing everything they can to implement suggestions. We know that the company is working on updating the Nexon SUV. New spy images show that the company is currently testing the cruise control module.
Two test vehicles were spotted sans camouflage recently by Siddharth Patil who promptly posted the pictures on Facebook. One of the vehicles features cruise control buttons on the right spoke of the steering wheel. The images do not show any other changes that have been made to the Nexon, if any.
The Tata Nexon is currently available in 18 variants and eight colours. The vehicle arrives with two engine options - a 1.2-litre turbocharged Revotron petrol engine, and a 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel engine.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 108bhp of power and 170Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. A six-speed automatic transmission is also available.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 108bhp of power and 260Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. A six-speed automatic transmission is also available.
Tata's Nexon is currently available in six colour schemes - Moroccan Blue, Seattle Silver, Glasgow Grey, Calgary White, Vermont Red, and Etna Orange. The spy pics show one vehicle in a Red shade and we could expect that Tata will launch a few more colours.
The Tata Nexon currently retails between Rs 6.58 lakh and Rs 11.00 lakh (ex-showroom, India). We expect the that the upgraded variants will retail between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 12.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The Nexon is one of the best compact SUV's in the segment and competes with the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, The Ford EcoSport, and the Mahindra XUV300.
Thoughts About The Cruise Control On The Tata Nexon
While all these features add a wow factor to a vehicle, we all know that we live in India. A country where cattle and other four legged creatures stroll on highways and city roads; along with a lot of two legged idiots who cross roads whenever they want and ride/ drive on the wrong side. In addition, most of our roads are not in the best of shape (yes, we mean highways as well). While we appreciate what manufacturers are doing, we think they need to rethink features like cruise control and replace it with something more India specific. At least there is hope with manufacturers. The government on the other side, is useless.