- 44 min ago New Norton V4 RR Superbike Unveil Scheduled For Year-End: First Model Under New TVS Ownership
- 1 hr ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- News Dear Bangabhumi Raidak Lottery Result 2020 to be declared today at 4 pm
- Sports India tour of Australia: No room for abuse, plenty for banter, says Justin Langer
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Calls Dhoom 2 His Induction Into School Of How To Be Sexy; Read His Post
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Finance Bitcoin Investment Is For Long Term; To Scale To Rs. 1 Crore By 2030: Analysts
- Technology Infinix Zero 8i India Launch Officially Confirmed; Arriving On December 2
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
The Tata Nexon was launched in the September of 2017 and the SUV did very well for Tata Motors. The smallest SUV offering from the company became the second most popular vehicle in its segment, just behind the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Everything went fairly well until the February of 2019 when Mahindra launched the XUV300, and Hyundai eventually launched the Venue. Both these launches were reason that sales for the Tata Nexon reduced.
Tata Motors did everything they could to keep sales numbers up. They added new variants, new features, and new colours but did not witness an increase in sales. The company realized that they need to offer more to customers considering the competition is stiff and newer vehicles have more to offer. In order to achieve this, they are giving the Nexon a facelift.
The 2020 Tata Nexon facelift is scheduled to make it's debut at the Auto Expo 2020 and here are five new upgrades that we expect on the SUV -
An Electric Sunroof
Consumers have been drawn towards vehicles with sunroofs of late and have been opting for them more than other models. It adds more style, and makes the cabin seem bigger and more airy.
While most manufacturers have been offering electric sunroofs, Tata has been offering an optional pop-up manual sunroof. We expect that the 2020 Tata Nexon facelift will feature a factory fitted electric sunroof going forward.
A New Front Bumper
The facelift that the Nexon is going through might see the vehicle feature design and styling upgrades. We expect that the Nexon facelift will feature an all-new and more muscular front bumper, making the SUV look a whole lot different that it does.
We expect that the company's Impact 2.0 design language will be featured on the 2020 Nexon and that the SUV may also feature a new grille and a new headlamp cluster.
A BS-VI Compliant Engine
With BS-VI regulations coming into effect on 1 April 2020, and with most manufacturers already offering BS-VI compliant engines on new models, this will be the biggest change we will see with the Tata Nexon.
Being BS-VI compliant means we will see an upgraded 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. Tata Motors might stick to the 110bhp power and 170Nm torque figures, but we expect the engine will arrive with different tuning.
New Projector Headlamps
Because of the new bumper, the new grille, and the new headlight cluster, we expect that Tata will upgrade the headlamps as well. We're expecting that the 2020 Nexon facelift will feature a set of automatic projector headlamps.
In addition, the all-new Nexon may feature new fog lamps and new (DRLs) daytime running lights. We expect that the new lighting cluster will be in sync with designs featured on newer vehicles in the market.
New Instrument Console
As part of the upgrade package for the interiors, we expect the 2020 Nexon facelift to feature a fully digital instrument cluster. Expectation are that the instrument cluster will be driver friendly and heavily informative. In addition, Tata could bring a number of upgrades to the interiors of the vehicle. We could possibly see a new steering wheel, new upholstery, and a bigger infotainment system.
*images for representation purposes only
Thoughts About The Five New Upgrades That Could Be
The competition in this segment is really at the top. Manufacturers are loading vehicles with features and Tata will have to bring their A game if they want the Nexon to survive. We think Tata Motors will bring more upgrades than we have mentioned here and we cannot wait to see the car at the Expo.