- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- Sports IBSF World 6-Red Snooker Championship: Advani, Rawat and Singh seal quarterfinal berths
- Technology Huawei Watch GT 2 Unveiled With 14 Days Battery Life
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Will Light Up Bandra-Worli Sea Link In Red To Spread Cancer Awareness!
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Tata Motors announced that the Tiago hatchback will be upgraded with a range of standard safety features across all its variants. The car will now feature dual airbags, an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), an Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) system, Corner Stability Control (CSC), and Rear Parking Sensors as standard. The new Tata Tiago equipped with these safety features will be available for Rs 4.40 lakh ex-showroom (India).
In addition to the safety features, Tata Motors has decided to add emergency warning systems, and alert features to prevent over-speeding, and encourage the use of wearing seat belts for the driver and other passengers in the car.
The entire Tata Tiago range will now feature seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters. The new and safer Tiago has completed the production phase and is now available at all Tata Motors' showrooms.
Speaking about the new safety feature incorporated in the Tiago, Mr SN Barman, Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Customer Support, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "There is a rising trend among car buyers of prioritizing safety features while making their purchase."
"We, at Tata Motors, lay immense emphasis on the presence of safety features in our vehicles. With the Tiago range getting the standard safety upgrade, we remain committed in our vision of building safe vehicles for India. The Tiago was our first product sporting the IMPACT design language which received a brilliant response from the market and with this upgrade, I am sure the brand will stay on top of the consideration set of prospective car buyers," he added.
There are no mechanical upgrades made to the Tata Tiago. The hatchback is available in two engine options. There is a three-cylinder, 1.2-litre Revotron Petrol engine that produces 85bhp of power @ 6,000rpm and 114Nm of torque @ 3,500rpm.
The second engine option available is the 1.05-litre Revotorq Diesel engine. This engine produces 70bhp of power @ 4,000rpm and 140Nm of torque @ 1,800 rpm. Both engines are mated to 5-speed manual transmissions, however the petrol variant is also available with an optional 5-speed automatic transmission.
Prices for the new Tata Tiago that has the upgraded safety features starts from Rs 4.40 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New Safety Features On The Tata Tiago
Tata Motors has always been pro-safety. In fact, we hear, at least once a month, about a car crash involving Tata manufactured car, and about how the passengers escaped unhurt. All these people who have experienced a road accident while in Tata vehicle have always praised the safety features in the vehicle.
Adding safety features is always a good think and we're not surprised that Tata has done exactly this. The Tiago is now safer than before and this will do very well for the hatchback. Kudos!