- 3 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 4 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 5 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict: India says stand validated, expect Pak to implement ICJ verdict
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Tata Motors has shared their sales growth in 2018 and at 26.3 per cent, it is the highest in the entire Indian automotive industry. Last year saw the legendary Indian automotive company launching a lot of products on the market; namely the new Tigor, Tiago NRG, JTP twins, Nexon AMT, etc.
Perhaps the most awaited launch from the brand is that of the Tata Harrier — the new flagship five-seater SUV which promises a lot. We have driven it already and you can know everything about it in our detailed Tata Harrier review.
Coming back to the sales figures, Tata Motors managed to sell more than 2.15 lakh units in 2018; roughly 45,000 more than in 2017. Customer satisfaction, value-for-money and aggressive market strategies are some reasons for this impressive sales performance.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), a subsidiary of Tata Motors, has also shared its cumulative sales figures. The British automotive group recorded 16.23 per cent increase in sales at 4,596 units; 642 more than that previously. This is a new record for the brand.
As mentioned before, Tata Motors has got a lot planned for the months to come. The Harrier's 7-seater sibling (H7X) will launch by the end of 2019, while the 45X premium hatchback is currently in its testing phase.
Another notable achievement of the brand is through the Tata Nexon. The compact-SUV has achieved a five-star safety rating in Global NCAP, and has also become the first Indian car to do so. In other words, it is the safest made-in-India car at present.
But, all eyes are on the Tata Harrier. The SUV is expected to be a game changer for the brand and a benchmark for all future Tata models to come. The main highlight of the Harrier is its OMEGA architecture, which is derived from Land Rover's D8 platform.
On the specifications front, the Tata Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine which makes 138bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual which drives the front wheels.
Thoughts On Tata Motors' Record Sales Growth
Arguably the maker of the best value-for-money products on the market, Tata Motors proved that 'premium' need not be limited to just being expensive. The company has come a long way from the 'Indica era' and is now at the forefront in terms of design, equipment, technology, and of course, sales.