- 9 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Uddhav Thackeray meets PM Modi for first time after becoming CM
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Tata Motors has announced that it has bagged an order of over 2,300 buses from multiple State Transport Undertakings. The company also said that it intends completing the orders and delivering the buses by February 2020.
The State Transport Undertakings include RSRTC from Rajasthan, KSRTC/ BMTC/ NWKRTC from Karnataka, UPSRTC from Uttar Pradesh, IRT from Tamil Nadu, and APSRTC from Andhra Pradesh.
Tata Motors says their buses have been designed to offer efficiency and flexibility to meet any demands the (STUs) State Transport Undertakings have for either inter-city and intra-city use. The buses have be built after substantial trials across multiple terrains in the country.
Mr Rohit Srivastava, the Product Line Head for Buses at Tata Motors said, "With the Government's continued thrust towards providing smart safe and convenient alternatives of public transport, Tata Motors acknowledges the proactive approach of various STU's to maintain a sustainable mass public transportation system."
He also added that Tata Motors takes pride in, and are thankful for the opportunity to provide best in class mobility solutions. The company's in-depth knowledge of sustainable public transport for different markets and customers is what differentiates it from its competitors.
Tata Motors currently has bus manufacturing facilities at Pune, Dharwad, Pantnagar, and Lucknow. The company has a partnership with Goa based (AGCL) Automobile Corporation of Goa Limited to manufacture bus bodies.
In addition, the company has a joint venture with Brazil based Marcoplo S.A., for (FBV) Fully Built Vehicles. Tata Motors says that its FBV manufacturing capabilities are in sync with the government's norms for safety and fuel efficiency.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Bagging An Order For 2,300 Buses
The real question is, will this order of 2,300 easy out the lack of sales in the passenger vehicles segment. Bagging a multi state government order means having to beat tenders from other companies, and having to pay bribes to have one's tender passed and approved. While the 2,300 orders appear like a massive number, financial offsets by the end of this financial year will tell if this was a great thing or not. Having said that, congratulations to Tata Motors!